Legal Junkies Forums

Legal Junkies Forums (http://www.legaljunkies.com/index.php)
-   Attorneys and Legal Ethics (http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Attorney slept with my ex-wife (http://www.legaljunkies.com/showthread.php?t=86058)

Tofu2 11-05-2017 07:48 PM

Attorney slept with my ex-wife

My attorney represented my wife in our divorce and 3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney? Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?

adjusterjack 11-05-2017 08:01 PM

Re: Attorney slept with my ex-wife

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tofu2 (Post 367617)
My attorney represented my wife in our divorce

Well, obviously, he wasn't your attorney any more.

Quote:

3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney?

The attorney/client relationship was over when the divorce was final so I doubt that anything illegal or unethical happened.

Quote:

Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?

Call up the BAR and ask.

Highwayman 11-05-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

There is no dispute about the facts...

Oh? Were you present when they were in bed together?

Lexus 11-07-2017 12:15 PM

It is against the ethics of an attorney. You can file a complaint with the BAR where the attorney belongs to. In this regard you are required to present evidence regarding the incident.

Highwayman 11-07-2017 10:19 PM

I don't see having sex (if that indeed happened) with an ex-client as being an issue.

Unregistered 11-08-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman (Post 367676)
I don't see having sex (if that indeed happened) with an ex-client as being an issue.

It is unprofessional and unethical if happening during a case or shortly thereafter.
The client is often in a vulnerable position and the attorney should not take advantage of that.

Unregistered 12-10-2017 11:06 AM

That's a crazy story and makes me wonder what else was going on with all three of you.

Wenton2 12-11-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

My attorney represented my wife in our divorce and 3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney? Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?

Assuming that is all true, I think the Bar would take a dim view of that kind of behavior especially in today's climate.

It would seem that something was developing even while the representation was occurring and that poses many attorney-client problems for obvious reasons.

Highwayman 12-13-2017 10:07 PM

I'd be curious to know how Tofu knows that for sure. Maybe he was hiding in a closet watching? If not then he doesn't know and it's a non-issue.

It seems like he is yet another poster here who never returns.

Tofu2 12-13-2017 10:20 PM

They both admit the facts I stated.
As ugly as that is.