Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: My son's mother gave my son Abilify without my consent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A Ortiz View Post
Does she have a legal obligation to ask my consent before medicating my son?? Abilify has very serious side effects and aside from that I am completely against any kind antipsychotic medications especially when the only real condition my son has is borderline autistic tendencies and mild depression. I am very concerned
That depends upon whether or not she has sole custody or whether there is joint custody. If she has sole custody then she has the right to make the medical decisions without consulting you. If shared custody, then the two of you would have to agree.

I personally share your concerns about Abilify for its potentially devastating (and lethal) side effects. Nothing I have read has cleared it for use with juveniles, either.

You may register your concerns with the court, but I suggest you have your concerns backed up by a medical professional.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No