Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Ladylady123
Ladylady123's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default I took a loan for someone who cannot take a loan

How can i raise a complaint on someone who i helped take a loan for? I need advise, let me know who I can reach. I am having financial troubles because of this.
Ladylady123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: I took a loan for someone who cannot take a loan

Look in the mirror. That's the only person you can complain to.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Look in the mirror. That's the only person you can complain to.
Yeah already did that. Thanks

Old 01-28-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylady123 View Post
How can i raise a complaint on someone who i helped take a loan for? I need advise, let me know who I can reach. I am having financial troubles because of this.
I did online transfer to that person's account, which will show in bank statement. Kept all conversations, and also in bank statement transfers from this person to me, to keep track on how much was paid. What i only got is the total initial amount after all the transfers made for more than 2years. It is a loan, logically it should be paid with interest, and this person started to ignore me when i asked about it.
I only need to know if a police case can be done. I don't need nonsense replies, it is already evident it is a stupid mistake.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

If you have enough evidence of a contract, you can take them to court and try to obtain a judgment with interest from the time of the order. That said, getting an order is the easy part, collecting it is the hard part.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
If you have enough evidence of a contract, you can take them to court and try to obtain a judgment with interest from the time of the order. That said, getting an order is the easy part, collecting it is the hard part.
Thanks for the reply.

The person signed as the guarantor. We did not have a written contract, just a verbal agreement that what he borrowed he will give back in full after a year which did not happen. He resulted into paying me small amounts every month but he disregarded the interest amount which i find unfair.
I want to know if it is possible to file a case against this person.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #7
Lexus
Top Level Member

You could not file a complaint for the reason that you helped to take a loan. If you are the guarantor of the loan you are liable to make good the loss caused to the bank with regard to the repayment. If such a situation occurs your option is only to make a charge upon the defaulters account or property. It is good to consult a lawyer in this matter.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 03:14 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
You could not file a complaint for the reason that you helped to take a loan. If you are the guarantor of the loan you are liable to make good the loss caused to the bank with regard to the repayment. If such a situation occurs your option is only to make a charge upon the defaulters account or property. It is good to consult a lawyer in this matter.
Can i find a lawyer in this forum? I am helpless and that guy is just running away from the troubles he caused.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #9
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i find a lawyer in this forum? I am helpless and that guy is just running away from the troubles he caused.
If the documents provided to the bank are yours and if the loan is on your name with your signature on the cheque you issued to the bank, no lawyer can help you with and you cannot harm the person you are talking about by law. You only can come into good terms if you talk to that person and get into any mutual understanding.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote