Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Courts, Decisions, Appeals

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 06:41 AM   #11
@confusedofw
@confusedofw's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by @confusedofw View Post
Hi dont you worry. i have sent a private message for you. Waiting for
your kind reply. thanks

hi

even if i show to police my case number which i have filed, they will still jailed me? i thought it would be only paying the fine
kindly enlighten
@confusedofw is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #12
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: CIVIL CASE AGAINST CREDIT CARD AGAINST BANK

The decision of the court depends on how you pleaded your case. If you have submitted all evidences regarding the abnormal interest charges, unlawful collection practices done by collection agency and the bank and if the court is convinced in your pleadings you will be redressed by the court order. In this regard you should seek help of an expert lawyer to pursue your case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 12:11 AM   #13
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that under the new law from December 2017, any amount below AED 200,000 is considered a civil matter unless fraud is involved. As your amount is below AED 200,000 it will be dealt with in the civil court and is not a criminal matter. Firstly, although a lawsuit has been filed by you, you may try and reach an out of court settlement with the other party. Secondly, in making a decision the Court will consider all the facts including fraud imposed upon you, threats, harassment, past payment record, etc. and the evidence supporting your allegations. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
Hello AFF,

You said that the new law on bouncing check is now a civil case.? I thought that it is still criminal case but under misdemeanor.

Hope you can enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 09:05 PM   #14
willy
willy's Flag is: Philippines

Hi,

I have a balance loan from Dunia Finance. November 2014, i found that they filed a police case when my visa was applied for cancellation. a 65,000 AED Police case was filed. Unfortunately my labor card was already cancelled by my PRO due to my transfer of employment. I negotiated with Dunia where i indeed up paying 30,000 AED to cancel my POlice case and get Police Clearance so we can process the cancellation of my visa (my labor card was already cancelled november 30, 2014 prior to my knowledge of having a police case).

Last week of December 2014, Dunia Finance released the NOC, but due to a long holiday on the last week of December my visa got cancelled after new year (January 2015). It was 8 days delayed/ over due from the 30 days grace period by Ministry of Labor for me to apply for a new visa. n short i got an automatic labor ban for 6 months.

its more than 3 years now i am still here in Philippines. Planning to return back to Dubai. Is it possible for me to pay the penalty only? and pay the remaining loan balance once i got a new job? need your advise please... Thank you very much.
willy is offline   Reply With Quote