Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Default Bank Internal Collection Agent Threatening to send email to HR.

Hello Guys,

I just received a phone call from bank internal collection agent in UAE that he will send an email to my HR department if payment is not made today. I am only past due by 3 days and yet this agent is saying he will contact and send email complain to my hr department if no payment is made on the account today.

My question is:

1. Is it legal for bank to call and email your employer regarding your credit card issues with them in UAE?
2. What would be the consequences in the event my hr received the mail about my liability with the bank?
3. Are they allowed to disclosed any information regarding my credit card issues with them?
4. Will I get terminated due to my personal issues with the bank that has nothing to do with my job?

Any one with the same issues and experience in this forum?

hope you can enlighten me on this matter. Thanks
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-09-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdebt View Post
Hello Guys,

I just received a phone call from bank internal collection agent in UAE that he will send an email to my HR department if payment is not made today. I am only past due by 3 days and yet this agent is saying he will contact and send email complain to my hr department if no payment is made on the account today.

My question is:

1. Is it legal for bank to call and email your employer regarding your credit card issues with them in UAE?
2. What would be the consequences in the event my hr received the mail about my liability with the bank?
3. Are they allowed to disclosed any information regarding my credit card issues with them?
4. Will I get terminated due to my personal issues with the bank that has nothing to do with my job?

Banks or collection agencies have no such right to contact anyone to know about pending payments. if you are not responsive they can only contact the reference you have provided on the application while availing the liability, the two name and numbers usually provided of friends or family. Even if they are emailing your office regarding the same, your company can only restrict banks to stop emailing them for a personal debt which you hold than taking any action on you which is not in any terms. For more information on the same you can email us to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
juanluna
juanluna's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Bank Internal Collection Agent Threatening to send email to HR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdebt View Post
Hello Guys,

My question is:

Hi,

I have been experienced that how many times. The will just trying to make you scared and harass you. Please send me private message and we I can advise you.
juanluna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 05:28 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Bank Internal Collection Agent Threatening to send email to HR.

Normally a collection call will not affect your employment. Your HR can handle it without causing any trouble to you.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Normally a collection call will not affect your employment. Your HR can handle it without causing any trouble to you.
Thank you for the info
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote