X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Infantata
    • Jan 2016

Leaving home at 17 in Michigan

Hello, I am a seventeen year old female in the state of Michigan. My mother and I recently got evicted from our previous address a couple of months ago. I've had numerous family members leave home at 17 without parental consent, and I am intending on doing the same. However, I've been told that there is a new law in place preventing it, but I can't find the law on the mcl (Michigan Combined Laws). I also have friends who have left home somewhat recently and haven't been returned home. If anybody could give me any information I'd highly appreciate it. Thank you.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Leaving home at 17 in Michigan

I wish to inform you that at 17 you may not move out without consent of your mother. You are minor at present thus you are under guardianship of your mother and moving out will require her consent.

AFF

Comment

• Disagreeable
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Oct 2012
      • United States

Re: Leaving home at 17 in Michigan

You cannot legally move out at 17 in Michigan. More importantly, whomever you stay with can be charged with harboring a minor and go to jail, getting a permanent record. In your position I would focus on convincing mom to allow a stable relative to have temporary custody until you turn 18. that will give you a stable environment and safe home life.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...