Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Injury and Worker's Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Unregistered

Exclamation Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

Workers' Compensation Board - Alberta

I have been on WCB since July since the begining i have been screwed around. My doctors and my physio both say i should not be returning to work and it is appalling the condition the WCB physio has left me in. They are going against the orders of my surgon and doctors And physio therapist and making me return to work or cut me off. I am trying to find a lawyer that will file a lawsuit agains them for me in calgary with no luck. If anyone has any information that could help please let me know ASAP

Thank you, sam (kiss_my_ass_19@hotmail.com)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

email world law on their home page and ask for a lawyer, and/or also try legal match .com

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
kookrainian

i'm in the same boat, they cut me off, they didn't approve any other schooling for me, and basically forced me to go back to work. didn't want me to see another doctor for there there opinion for further surgerie. since i was on wcb, i couldn't even get EI.

so i went back to work, then went to school and now in april is my 2 years evaluation and i need a lawyer to finalize my claim with wcb, and see what else i can get and deserve to get from them
kookrainian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
shirmeg@html

Hi
I too have been wronged by them.In fact I refused to sign a medical consent authorizing them to treat me,they did anyway and injured me further.I ended up in the hospital for 10 days,on morphine for 4 years and finally had a failed spinal fusion.Despite the obviuus illegal practices by them ,you will not find a lawyer in Canada to fight them.Why? because they are 3rd party owned by the government,as are the cowardly crooked lawyers.Your best bet maybe to jump on a class action lawsuit filed by an honest lawyer who is not afraid to practice real law.Not K.K.K. law!!I am looking to join or form such a group to prepare to take on the crooked government.This will take some time but in the long run it will be greatly worth it.Can you imagine the looks on their crooked faces when they fall?We will be finally be able to see the quacks and their puppets dance for us face to face.I hope their lawyers know the law to a T.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Unregistered

wcb alberta is only interested in the empoyer. They do not give a **** about the people that are injured. They ****ed me and they will do it to you. I do not understand why we are forced ;to pay these asholes ;insurance money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookrainian View Post
i'm in the same boat, they cut me off, they didn't approve any other schooling for me, and basically forced me to go back to work. didn't want me to see another doctor for there there opinion for further surgerie. since i was on wcb, i couldn't even get EI.

so i went back to work, then went to school and now in april is my 2 years evaluation and i need a lawyer to finalize my claim with wcb, and see what else i can get and deserve to get from them

Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Unregistered

They will screw anyone. They are into protectiong the company and not into the workers, why do we have to pay them anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been on WCB since July since the begining i have been screwed around. My doctors and my physio both say i should not be returning to work and it is appalling the condition the WCB physio has left me in. They are going against the orders of my surgon and doctors And physio therapist and making me return to work or cut me off. I am trying to find a lawyer that will file a lawsuit agains them for me in calgary with no luck. If anyone has any information that could help please let me know ASAP

Old 05-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Unregistered

I agree. -They are some of the most dishonest people I have ever come into contact with. Hire a good lawyer.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
clay

WCB is for the employer, I completely agree. They actually told me that they saw a doctor on my behalf and he thought I was fine and able to go to work. Well of course I am, I wasn't there to argue the situation...lol, lets be realistic here, we pay, we pay again, we pay some more, and then we die...I can total see how that man got upset and shot up the WCB office...they don't care, they seem to think that the money is coming directly from their own pockets or something. I would like to see them injured on the job and have their own collegues refuse them because they dont pay for "pain", small tears or after you have completed their joke of therapy.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Workers' Compensation Board - Alberta

This is an ongoing situation with WCB. If you go against your doctors advice - you are basically stating you don't believe your doctors. They make it unbearable, they make people go broke - so you have NO choice but to try and work even when you can't. There is an appeal process - if you work in an industry that is Unionized - go to your Union lawyer - they will fight it for you!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #10
AndrewG

As per my research, the workers compensation law seemed to be different depending on your state and country. I found this also:

Quote:
It's designed to provide benefits to employees while protecting employers from lawsuits. By sidestepping the court system and the need to prove fault or negligence, the entire process is considerably streamlined when compared to other personal injury cases.
Workers compensation claims are typically limited to medical benefits and partial compensation for lost earning potential. Each state has its own laws and regulations.

Generally, workers compensation claims are good for 50 to 70% of the worker's wages, and often include extensions of benefits normally tied to employment. Extreme cases may result in permanent or partial disabilitybeing claimed, resulting in a permanent stipend.

source - workers compensation law
Hope that helps.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote