Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Injury and Worker's Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
clay

Unhappy WRONGED BY WCB ALBERTA AND SASKATCHEWAN

I am in Alberta Canada currently. In March of 2008 I was injured on the job and tore the miniscus in my knee, 3 doctors said so. I went on WCB, they sent me to their doctor and their doctor said that it was just a sprain and to do physio. I did physio and it did NO GOOD AT ALL!!! I tried to reason with them and they were not hearing any of it. I could no longer do my job as a delivery driver because of my knee...that was in Saskatchewan, I was on WCB from March until December 2008, they cut me off without warning and said because I finished my physio I was able to go back to work and that was that, no more discussion.

Then in October 2009, I re-injured the same knee. I had gotten a brace for my knee (as suggested by a doctor) and was climbing down off a truck and my knee gave out and I fell on it...tearing the miniscus even farther, the pain is horrible, I can't work cause I am a WCB risk and WCB wont even help me. I asked for an exploratory and WCB refused to even go there. I am backed against the wall with no way to turn. This is stupid and I am fed up...please help
clay is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: WRONGED BY WCB ALBERTA AND SASKATCHEWAN

I would like to inform you that if you have been wronged by WCB you may file a suit against WCB. In this you have suffered injury and at present your knee injury still exists but you may perform other jobs in which your knee injury does not effect like some sitting jobs. You may show that WCB has made you suffer and claim compensation for past pain and your future inability to do same job. Further WCB acts of not allowing you to get an employment will also entitle you to get compensation in this regard.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Unregistered

My husbands case is almost exactly the same as this one. He injured his shoulder at work and wcb told him it was s a strain, after nine months of not knowing what was wrong and his condition worsening, they said he had finished his job retraining, which was a joke, whims and first aid. Also they said he was fit to work again even though his doctor advised against it they just cut him off and without warning, a phone call was it. He was on benefits for nine months and not properly diagnosed as to what was wrong with his shoulder, a strain is unacceptable!!! What do we do? There seems to be nothing we can do?

ou
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I am in Alberta Canada currently. In March of 2008 I was injured on the job and tore the miniscus in my knee, 3 doctors said so. I went on WCB, they sent me to their doctor and their doctor said that it was just a sprain and to do physio. I did physio and it did NO GOOD AT ALL!!! I tried to reason with them and they were not hearing any of it. I could no longer do my job as a delivery driver because of my knee...that was in Saskatchewan, I was on WCB from March until December 2008, they cut me off without warning and said because I finished my physio I was able to go back to work and that was that, no more discussion.

Then in October 2009, I re-injured the same knee. I had gotten a brace for my knee (as suggested by a doctor) and was climbing down off a truck and my knee gave out and I fell on it...tearing the miniscus even farther, the pain is horrible, I can't work cause I am a WCB risk and WCB wont even help me. I asked for an exploratory and WCB refused to even go there. I am backed against the wall with no way to turn. This is stupid and I am fed up...please help

Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
Unregistered

I know of 7 poeple that have ended thier lives dealing with w c b . If you win your claim you still lose with the cealing that do not come close to what we make 42 grand that is it .Have had 5 back operation's and lost all each time all i worker for 5 times when i did win got the money but no reason on perment now and never a call offer of help dotor's need to stand up and say no human right's need's to look at this and no one get's bonus's .Talked to m l a 's and they well usless .The hole thing is not for those who get hurt .It is a self sevice for w c b cash flow bonus's and big wages. Now there doing the same format for are wounded sevice man after coming back .SAD SAD SAD Good luck and i do have many many stories of their doing's but a lone they will fined a way to srew me and yes try gale cummings st albert

Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

There is a consulting company out of Red Deer called IWC that does work for people who are having problems with WCB.
Their number is 1-403-342-4095. I spoke to a man named Val.
hope this helps!

Old 12-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
Tornlabrum

Re: WRONGED BY WCB ALBERTA AND SASKATCHEWAN

I was injured in 2011 I was accepted by wcb they had sent me to physiotherapy before a proper diagnoses My diagnoses at the time of the injury was a burst bursa and a strained lower back that was june they had me in physiotherapy in August till October then pulled out by doctors note then never got my mri till October 2012 in Calgary they forgot the dye and then a second one in December they discovered a torn and frayed labrum and ruptured discs in my lower back all on the right side I was also but back in physiotherapy October that year and was finally took out after my diagnoses was final ..They excepted my hip but said my back was not accepted due to degeneration I am still appealing this issue I also strained my neck at the gym in their program and strained my left shoulder they say their not responsible..I had surgery for my hip Jan 2013 2/3 of my labrum was removed after surgery I am a lot worse I am taking heavy prescription medication from this..Then they cut me off in June 2013 they tried saying my injury couldn't have happened at work ...I fought that and won I got my money back in September then now they have sent me back to turtery program in October 30 th and are trying vocational and my doctors have said that my window for getting physio has come and gone and since I have been there my GP has tried to write me out 3 separate times I am not even doing anything for my hip I am only stretching and upper body but my pain is still 7 and 8 I seen my surgeon he is giving me another hip block and mri and getting a second opinion but I am not able to sit or stand for more than 15 to 20 minutes at a time they still wont give me my pfa or pfi I am not being heard I talked to the advocate they gave me the number for the fairness board..So that's what I now am doing
HELP SOMEONE WHAT DO I DO

Old 06-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Screwed by WCB

"The Fairness Board" ha Ha thats a JOKE; They deliberately sent you on a wild goose chase, there's nothing fair at WCB, in reality they are corporate psychopaths, Look up Type 4 narcissist psychopathic managers, read carefully so you will understand the kind of people you are dealing with;
[get a lawyer asap, cross your fingers the lawyer doesn't take your cash and due zip]

If I were you I would try to get the funds to go out of country for medical care, cause you will likely be sent to a WCB paid qwack doctor who will make your injury 10 times worse;
Screwed by WCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Unregistered

I am looking for the gentleman that that was a delivery driver in sask. named clay if you can contact me I would really appreciate it thanks. leannebucholtz@sasktel.net

Old 07-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am looking for the gentleman that that was a delivery driver in sask. named clay if you can contact me I would really appreciate it thanks. leannebucholtz@sasktel.net
Hi leanne bucholtz my name is gordon and i was just wondering if you were a lawyer i could also use some help with the same wcb sask over similar problems. My email is gordy.hein.married.man83@gmail.com

Old 07-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #10
Unregistered

I also could use some help with them.
I am still waiting on a claim after 10 months.
It is frustrating dealing with them.