USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Credit card debt.... Can I travel on visit visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amulvs
    • Feb 2015

Credit card debt.... Can I travel on visit visa?

Hello Everyone,

I used to work in Dubai almost 2 years from Jan 2013 to Nov 2014, I resigned in my last company in Oct 2014 due to some salary issues. I have a credit card from Majid Al Futtaim Finance ( Najm Credit Card ) i have an outstanding amount of 9000 AED. I stopped paying my EMI'S since last 4 months due to no income.

Now i got an opportunity to work with a management company based in Dubai, they applied for my working Visa in Dec- 10- 2014 but due to some issues with sponsor its taking some time, now they applying visit visa and start working meanwhile they will process my work permit visa.

Now i just wanted to know, as im a defaulter of non payments of credit card since 4 months they will bounce my cheque and files a police case, now i will get visit visa or not. can anyone give me complete information if you have anything regarding my case.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Credit card debt.... Can I travel on visit visa?

I wish to inform you that if the Court has issued an arrest warrant then you may be arrested at any time in Dubai till the arrest warrant is withdrawn by the Court if issued. You may contact the creditor and resolve the matter with the creditor after which a police clearance certificate may be obtained from Dubai Police. After that you may proceed on visitor visa to Dubai. You may show the police clearance certificate if required to the immigration authorities.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

Re: Credit card debt.... Can I travel on visit visa?

According to the laws of Dubai, credit card debt comes under criminal offense. If, the Finance Company had registered a case against you, then according to normal rules a warrant for arrest may be issued against you. This may affect the procedure for getting a visa to work in Dubai, since a background check for the visa, will reveal your outstanding debt’s in Dubai, which may prompt action from law enforcement. Even if you receive a visit visa, once you reach Dubai the chances of you being taken to jail are very high.

It is better advised that you may consult with an appropriate Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...