•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 12DD
    • Aug 2017
    • United States

Targeted at work because of my refusal to approve bids

I believe that I was targeted because of my refusal to approve bids for goverment jobs that required ARRA and FAR "american made content". I was in fact even told by one Sr VP to look the other way and find ways around the law. Over the last 6 years there have been conforntations because I questioned the companys ability to comply. One internal attorney I worked with even left the company because she said the company was not being diligent and was at risk.

This year, due to kidney failure I had to go on disability. While I was still covered under FMLA I was told my position was eliminated, they replaced me but gave the job title a different name. They tell me when my long term disability kicks in that I will be terminated from the company. However, they say I can return whenever I am better and there is some kind of job for me...no offer in writing however. I have saved much correspondence over the years and do honestly feel that as soon a there was a chance they targeted me becuase I challenged the lawfulness of the business practices. Is there anything I can do?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Targeted at work because of my refusal to approve bids

Is there anything I can do?
    Yes, find another job and don't go back there.

Once you have another job and have an income then you can think about consulting an attorney.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that you may contact the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and seek guidance. You may contact them by phone or by email. Alternatively, you may contact the nearest office of the Department of Labor (DoL). Otherwise, you may contact an attorney in the matter. You may contact the Lawyer Referral Department of the local bar association and they may arrange a low cost or free first meeting with the attorney to discuss your case.

AFF

Comment

• Audi2
        • Aug 2016
        • UK

You can also become a whistleblower for the US government and there is good money to be made doing that!!
        For better or for worse.

Comment

• Lexus
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2010
          • United States

You can legally defend the discrimination at work place, it is good to consult a lawyer in this matter to handle the case.

Comment

• Wenton2
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2016
            • United States

If there was an actual violation of federal law then I agree with the poster above that a whistle blower filing could be beneficial.
            But it is not really clear to me from your question if there were violations or just refusals to work on projects were the American made content quotas were too high. The details of all that would be key.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by 12DD
              I believe that I was targeted because of my refusal to approve bids for goverment jobs that required ARRA and FAR "american made content". I was in fact even told by one Sr VP to look the other way and find ways around the law. Over the last 6 years there have been conforntations because I questioned the companys ability to comply. One internal attorney I worked with even left the company because she said the company was not being diligent and was at risk.

This year, due to kidney failure I had to go on disability. While I was still covered under FMLA I was told my position was eliminated, they replaced me but gave the job title a different name. They tell me when my long term disability kicks in that I will be terminated from the company. However, they say I can return whenever I am better and there is some kind of job for me...no offer in writing however. I have saved much correspondence over the years and do honestly feel that as soon a there was a chance they targeted me becuase I challenged the lawfulness of the business practices. Is there anything I can do?

Seems to me you DO have a prime whistle-blower lawsuit. Basically the management is defrauding the US government. There's no other way to look at it.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by 12DD

If the attorney felt compelled to leave I wold certainly suggest anybody else that could be blamed also leave. It's clear the company is not following the law.
                I have been in that situation and it's just plain best to leave.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...