Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #321
ftg

Default Re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

Excellent posts here!
I thought I was the only one.

ftg

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #322
MB UK Owner

I have a similar story to many on here.
2015 E300 Hybrid with 19" Alloy wheels. All 4 wheels cracked at around 40K miles, each time a loss of pressure in the tyre, with the root cause being a cracked rim, no tyre damage which would indicate an impact significant enough to cause the rim's to crack. One of the replacement rims has now cracked at 70K miles bringing the total to 5 at a cost of around £3500.

MB refused to cover the cost of the new wheels citing the probable cause as potholes and speed bumps being hit at speed, my issue with this is twofold:

1) Why sell upgraded wider alloy wheels if they are not fit for purpose?
2) My previous car was an Audi A7 with 20" alloys and I had no issues what so ever. I have also had numerous cars with 19" wheels before without issue.

I am convinced there is something faulty in either the construction or the materials used, of course I have been over speed bumps and who doesn't hit the odd pothole but certainly nothing more than in any of the other cars I have driven and defiantly not at a speed that should cause any damage.

MB also claim that they are not aware of any issues relating to cracking alloy wheels fitted to their cars, which is interesting when there was an on going group action and also when you consider how many hits this site has had !

So disappointed in Mercedes, would not entertain buying another one.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #323
Unregistered

Highway man and Disagreeable must not own MBs. I have owned over 20 cars in my life, and have torn down and completely rebuilt over 5 classic cars. I have owned Acuras, Lexus and BMWs (and Hondas and Toyotas). There is clearly a defect in the design of their wheels. MANY other cars have wheels with low profile tires (even with aspect ratios less than the 40 on my E350) and they don't have problems.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #324
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
Excellent posts here!
I thought I was the only one.

ftg
Agree to that!!
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #325
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Highway man and Disagreeable must not own MBs. I have owned over 20 cars in my life, and have torn down and completely rebuilt over 5 classic cars. I have owned Acuras, Lexus and BMWs (and Hondas and Toyotas). There is clearly a defect in the design of their wheels. MANY other cars have wheels with low profile tires (even with aspect ratios less than the 40 on my E350) and they don't have problems.
Yes i agree there is something wrong on certain models. It's not just carelessness by the driver. I have owned many automobiles.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #326
Unregistered

They really need to address this issue.
Generally the cars are great but this one issue is a problem.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:30 AM   #327
Unregistered

32 years of M Benz driving and I have never had the problem described in this discussion.