Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
garylawson

Default Contract law offer: How can an offer come to an end?

Hi just new to the forum,not sure if i posted this in the correct section but the question i want to ask is How Can an offer come to an end?
garylawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Contract law offer: How can an offer come to an end?

In order for there to be a valid acceptance there must be an offer to which that acceptance is a response. This principle requires not only that an offer has been made but that it is in existence at the time of the acceptance. An offer may come to an end in a number of ways.

Revocation
Rejection (explicitly or by counter-offer)
Termination (lapse of time)
Death
Condition bringing an offer to an end.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No