Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts and Partnerships

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #131
The Smarter One

Cool Re: Job offer came with large cheque

The only way to stop Philip Buckman (and whatever other names he uses) is to fight fire with fire... Now, I'm going to explain a little jargon to you all....There are two key things to know... How to use a proxy and how to spoof an email address....

Dictionary Definition:
Proxy: an ally or confederate who can be relied upon to speak or act in one's behalf.
Spoof: a mocking imitation of someone or something, usually light and good-humored; lampoon or parody

Computer Definition:
Proxy: Proxies are used to act as a gateway; common uses would be to hide one's online identity
Spoof: Spoofing online with emails, simply is another way to deceive someone to believe that they are receiving an email from someone that they are not.

How's this useful:

So here's how it's going to work... Philip Buckman (or whatever he's calling himself) relies solely on the hope that you'll be stupid enough to cash the cheque (DO NOT CASH THE CHEQUE) and thus making him richer and you poorer. Now in case you didn't know this is how his scam works....

Buckman's Scam:
He pretends to be an employer looking for an employee (and he does it in the shadiest way)... He then babbles on about why he's sending you money... Okay, so he goes and sends a fake cheque hoping you'll try to cash it and if he's lucky; then you'll be stupid enough to return a certain portion to his "Shipping Agent" and thus making him richer and then the bank finds out that the cheque you deposited was bogus (can take upto 30 business days to verify cheques with various financial institutions) and your in the whole......

What to take out from his scam:
The most important thing to notice is that Mr. Buckman has to pay postage fees for sending the fake cheques (and he's stupid enough to pay for express delivery).

What can we do to fight back:
It's pretty simple.... You find one of his bogus job offerings/postings, then you setup a fresh email account somewhere, then you spoof that email address like a hundred times (email spoofing)... Make sure you use a proxy when registering the new email address and when sending out the actual emails... Now what you do is pretend to be applying for the job (spoof like a hundred addresses and he'll think he has 100 unique applicants)... When you give out the particulars for the delivery of the cheque just google map some addresses (usually has postal/zip codes attached and what-not) and use them along with bogus names and bogus telephone numbers (you might want the area code to correspond to the address you choose).... Okay, so far, we're falsely applying for a false job posting.... Here's where it gets interesting....
So a hundred times a hundred people equals....Ten thousand spoofed emails... Now Mr. Buckman in my case had used Priority™ Next A.M.* Prepaid with Canada Post.... Canada post lists that it costed Mr. Buckman $24.75CDN to send that fake cheque to me (sort of getting the idea here?) Times the cost by the number of fake emails... You get = $247,500.00CDN...... Holy Moses, we just costed Mr. Buckman nearly a quarter a million dollars via a hundred people faking emails a hundred times and by NOT CASHING THE CHEQUE nor returning any of his future communication attempts..........

So to re-cap... The only way to beat Mr. Buckman's fire is to use a little of our own....
Get a bogus email, spoof it a hundred times, give him bogus addresses/names to send his fake cheques out to and make sure your using a proxy throughout the whole process...... And WTF is Buckman going to do... Call the cops?, I highly doubt he's going to try and tell the cops that 10,000ppl defrauded him out of his own scam........

Or you could try reporting him to the police, equifax, internet crimes IC3 or whatever, FBI, CIA and any other agency that just doesn't give a crap and nor will they escalate the case any further than a report...

In this case, the law enforcement agencies are useless....

So yeah... Let's put the scammers out of business with our own scam.... The "Kick-em Where it hurts scam"..........LMFAO

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #132
Unregistered

Question Re: Job offer came with large cheque

HI, I have a question,,, Philip Buckman is advertisinga personal assistant job, is this for real? I'm so confused right now cause I just googled and then this website came up and I'm kinda scared cause i gave him some information... like my address cell phone number and e-mail although he already had it.....

Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #133
Unregistered

Default Re: Job offer came with large cheque

I applied for a job through craigslist Vancouver and got an email back that I thought was "off" so I did a search and found this forum. Here's the lastest in case anyone else gets anything from this scammer.

Entry Level <entrylevel001@webprudential.com>
date Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:10 AM
subject Re: Executive Assistant

Thanks for your application, I am looking for someone who can act as my personal assistant and run Errands, Someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time, You can take it as a full time or part time job depending on your choice. The hours will be between 4 to 5 hours daily which can be increased if you want and this will give you free time to go on with your regular job, Below are details of what you expected from this job position.

Your duties are as follows..
* Receive mails and drop them off
*Do Shopping
*Run Errands
*Receive calls
*Data Entry if needed
* Book appointments
*Flight bookings, E.t.c or any other reasonable duty will be allocated to you.

Due to the nature of my work, It requires frequent traveling so i need someone to handle my schedule when im not in town, Every instructions will be given to you via email and phone, I travel a lot so that is the main reason why i need you to be my personal assistant and at the end of every 2 weeks starting from the day you begin work, I will always make sure i meet up with you.

Kindly Let me know if you're still interested and I'm willing to offer you $24 hourly with a reasonable sign on bonus, I would also like to give you a brief questionnaire online so i can ascertain the best applicant that will be my personal assistant, Please answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* Have you ever worked as a personal assistant before?
* Are you taking this as a primary Job?
* If you want to make this your secondary job ( How many Hours does your primary Job Takes? )
* Do you have Professional Reference?
* How Many Hours are you wiling to Devote to work for me?
* What do you Understand by Privacy & Code of Conduct?
* Explain Petty Cash Transactions?
* Describe yourself?
* Are you willing to give your best shot at working with me?

I will be expecting your response towards my request, Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Brian Green

Old 12-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #134
Unregistered

I also received this email, after doing some research found this place and thought I would post the email I received.

Thanks for your application? I am looking for someone who can act as my personal assistant and run Errands, Someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time, You can take it as a full time or part time job depending on your choice. The hours will be between 4 to 5 hours daily which can be increased if you want and this will give you free time to go on with your regular job, Below are details of what you expected from this job position.

*Do Shoppings
*Run Errands
*Receive calls
*Data Entry if needed
* Book appointments

Due to the nature of my work, It requires frequent travelling so i need someone to handle my schedule when im not in town, Every instructions will be given to you via email and phone, I travel alot so that is the main reason why i need you to be my personal assistant and at the end of every 2 weeks starting from the day you begin work, I will always make sure i meet up with you.

Kindly Let me know if you're still interested and i'm willing to offer you $24 hourly with a reasonable sign on bonus, I would also like to give you a brief questionaire online so i can ascertain the best applicant that will be my personal assistant, Pls answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* If you want to make this your secondary job ( How many Hours does your primary Job Takes? )
* Describe yourself?

I will be expecting your response towards my request, Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Brian Green

Old 12-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #135

I found the same thing, Brian Green. It wasn't the first thing that I noticed was completely off about the job, but when I got my congratulations email he addressed it to a Jennifer, no where near my name. So I replied to his email that asked me for my address and everything with the name "Jennifer Apparently" and the address, postal code, phone number of the VPD. THEN he replied to me asking why the name I gave him was different than the one on my resume. Guess he didn't look at the address I gave him...

Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #136
mariyadost

I am so stupid! I live in Toronto and he did it to me too. Thank God, I found out before receiving the cheque. So, he is targeting Toronto. BUT I gave him my home adress and number. Should I be worried? Should I call the police???
mariyadost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #137
Unregistered

I found the same thing the name he used was Brian Green!
I replied to his ad on craigslist and got the exact same email back and even though it felt sketchy I still stupidly gave him my information! He kept saying how he's so busy.I kept asking him questions like what business he was in and where he was located and what not because he had left so many things unanswered and he replied with no professionalism and one word blunt answers, saying he was an IT consultant?!?!? things just didn't add up so I googled the email address he was replying from, entrylevel001@webprudential.com, and found this! he couldn't even proof read his emails! how hard is that?

Thanks for your application, I am looking for someone who can act as my personal assistant and run Errands, Someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time, You can take it as a full time or part time job depending on your choice. The hours will be between 4 to 5 hours daily which can be increased if you want and this will give you free time to go on with your regular job, Below are details of what you expected from this job position.

*Do Shopping
*Run Errands
*Receive calls
*Data Entry if needed
* Book appointments

Due to the nature of my work, It requires frequent traveling so i need someone to handle my schedule when im not in town, Every instructions will be given to you via email and phone, I travel a lot so that is the main reason why i need you to be my personal assistant and at the end of every 2 weeks starting from the day you begin work, I will always make sure i meet up with you.

Kindly Let me know if you're still interested and I'm willing to offer you $24 hourly with a reasonable sign on bonus, I would also like to give you a brief questionnaire online so i can ascertain the best applicant that will be my personal assistant, Please answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* Describe yourself?

Sincerely,
Brian Green

After the review and consideration of your answers to the questionnaire,. Your application is successful and you have been accepted as my personal assistant, I would have love to meet you before we start but I'm currently out of town for business and i wont be back until 2 weeks but i currently have loads of assignment to be taken care of so i want you to start immediately and when I'm back, I will meet with you. I will provide you some equipments that you will be working with and it will come with internet facilities, You will be given a sign on bonus for this job which will be included in the funds you will receive for the equipments.

Every instructions will be given to you on what to do with the equipments immediately you receive them, Here is the list of the equipments that will be ship to you to be working with.

EQUIPMENTS:
The Following would be ship to you by my shipping agent in other to start working with me.

* A DELL business machine Notebook Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @1.60GHz 1.60GHz
* Printer
* Scanner& Fax machine
* Photocopier Machine & electronic type writers.
* Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating Systems (Service Pack 2)
* Laptop hard-case
* Kasper sky Internet Security application installed on the Laptop
* A cell phone on which you would conduct only my business

And finally, I will create a business G MAIL email account for you in your name specifically dedicated to my business with a link on the cell phone that will be provided for you.

I will also provide you with the funds to handle the shipping/cost of the above equipments to you, Working for me with the provided equipments is very necessary. You are required to use this equipments only because there is a wide range of software installed on the system to protect data, ease duty, also enhance speed and accuracy of any work you're doing on it, The special features also calculate the number of hours you work daily so that i can ascertain the bonuses that will be given to you at the end of every month.

Please provide answers to the following schedule.
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?
2. What time range? If you wish to work more than 5 Hours per Day, then let me know.
3. Payroll Interval? ( Weekly or Bi-weekly )
4. Payroll Method ? ( Check or Transfer )

IMPORTANT : Kindly provide your Name, Address & Phone number the funds should be issued to in other to handle the shipping/cost of the equipments and your sign on bonus.

Name...
Address..
City...
State/Province...
Zip/post Code....
Phone #home....
Cell #....
Email.....

I will be waiting for your prompt response so that we can proceed in good terms.

Sincerely,
Brian Green

Old 12-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #138
Unregistered

Hi all,

Looks like Phillip Buckman is at it again. I'm so glad I finally found this site. Watch out for Alex Fleming! The man who invented penicillin wants a personal assistant too! This time in Victoria. The email chain is almost identical to what others have posted, however the email has changed to officeduties01@jevcon.com. He must be getting smarter?

Thanks for your application, I am looking for someone who can act as my Personal Assistant, Someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time, You can take it as a full time or part time job depending on your choice. The hours will be between 4 to 5 hours daily which can be increased if you want and this will give you free time to go on with your regular job, Below are details of what you expected from this job position.

* Do Shopping's
* Run Errands
* Receive calls
* Data Entry if needed
* Book appointments
* Flight bookings, E.t.c or any other reasonable duty will be allocated to you.

Due to the nature of my work, It requires frequent traveling so i need someone to handle my schedule when I'm not in town, Every instructions will be given to you via email and phone, I travel a lot so that is the main reason why i need you to be my personal assistant and at the end of every 2 weeks starting from the day you begin work, I will always make sure i meet up with you.

Kindly Let me know if you're still interested and I'm willing to offer you $23 hourly with a reasonable sign on bonus, I would also like to give you a brief questionnaire online so i can ascertain the best applicant that will be my personal assistant, Please answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* Describe yourself?

I will be expecting your prompt response, Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Alex Fleming

Congratulations,

After the review and consideration of your answers to the questionnaire,Your application is successful and you have been accepted as my personal assistant, I would have love to meet you before we start but I'm currently out of town for business and i wont be back until 2 weeks but i currently have loads of assignment to be taken care of so i want you to start immediately and when I'm back, I will meet with you. I will provide you some equipments that you will be working with and it will come with internet facilities, You will be given a sign on bonus for this job which will be included in the funds you will receive for the equipments.

Every instructions will be given to you on what to do with the equipments immediately you receive them, Here is the list of the equipments that will be ship to you to be working with.

EQUIPMENTS:
The Following would be ship to you by my shipping agent in other to start working with me.

* A DELL business machine Notebook Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @1.60GHz 1.60GHz
* Printer
* Scanner& Fax machine
* Photocopier Machine & electronic type writers.
* Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating Systems (Service Pack 2)
* Laptop hard-case
* Kasper sky Internet Security application installed on the Laptop
* A cell phone on which you would conduct only my business

And finally, I will create a business G MAIL email account for you in your name specifically dedicated to my business with a link on the cell phone that will be provided for you.

I will also provide you with the funds to handle the shipping/cost of the above equipments to you, Working for me with the provided equipments is very necessary. You are required to use this equipments only because there is a wide range of software installed on the system to protect data, ease duty, also enhance speed and accuracy of any work you're doing on it, The special features also calculate the number of hours you work daily so that i can ascertain the bonuses that will be given to you at the end of every month.

Please provide answers to the following schedule.
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?
2. What time range? If you wish to work more than 5 Hours per Day, then let me know.
3. Payroll Interval? ( Weekly or Bi-weekly )
4. Payroll Method ? ( Check or Transfer )

IMPORTANT : Kindly provide your Name, Address & Phone number the funds should be issued to in other to handle the shipping/cost of the equipments and your sign on bonus.

Name...
Address..
City...
State/Province...
Zip/post Code....
Phone #home....
Cell #....
Email.....

I will be waiting for your prompt response so that we can proceed in good terms.

Sincerely,
Alex Fleming

Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #139
Unregistered

Shouldnt the police act by now!!

Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #140
Unregistered

I got this email too...I noticed right away it was too good to be true....but what is the scam...what is he gettting out of it?