Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
waldlrowwal1

Default Forged my signature on the judgment document

California: My soon to be ex forged my signature to the judgment papers and got a judgment from the judge. Besides filing for dismissal, is their a procedure to be carried out to address the criminal act of forgery in a family law case?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Forged my signature on the judgment document

I wish to inform you that you may move a motion to vacate judgment. In this regard you may show to court that judgment is based upon forged signatures. In this regard you will be required to show that your signatures were forged by your ex and if court finds that judgment was obtained by forged signature they will start prosecution against your ex.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
waldlrowwal1

Thank-you for your help!
waldlrowwal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
positiveadjust

Generally, a signature of the person being served is not required. If the service was done by a process server, all the server has to do is indicate he personally served you by name, check the appropriate box, sign HIS name to the POS and return it to the attorney requesting service. The creditor states you were notified of the hearing date. The date comes, you don't show, the rest is history. Creditor gets a juidgment and then a garnishment against you.

Before a definitive answer can be given on the validity of your claim an attorney should review the POS andother related documents. If things are as you say they are, then the judgment can possible be discharged due to improper service. However, that will only buy you a couple of days or weeks of freedom from the debt collector. The creditor is free to refile and conduct proper service. If you try to dodge, duck, or hide from the server then the creditor can seek alternative service usually accomplished by publishing.

Keep in mind that if all the court documents and court mailings have the correct address on them, and you in fact lived there and are currently living there, you are going to have a difficult time proving that you did not know about the proceedings. In the end, if you are the true debtor, and by the reading of your post you are, then you will be faced with answering the debt.

We may possibly be able to help you with this debt. We offer debt relief services under the bankruptcy laws to people who are in financial difficulty.
positiveadjust is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
waldlrowwal1

I think you meant to comment on another post. This is a family law issue. The petitioner forged my signature to the Judgment Dissolution papers which prompted the Judge to issue a judgment. I am in the process of a request to vacate judgement and wanted to know if the petitioner is in trouble for violating forgery laws

Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
waldlrowwal1

Is "Positiveadhsust" spam?

I don't know, "Positiveadhsust", if you get confused this easily, some people might get the impression that you might get too confused to handle a debt case.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
anil mandal

Default gtysonlaw

It is best to hire a defense lawyer as soon as they are aware they are facing criminal charges. If they do not have the benefit of early warning and they are simply arrested, it is even more important that they hire legal counsel as soon as possible. Often times you will be notified that you may be facing charges before they are actually filed. In many cases, law enforcement will want to speak with they before obtaining an arrest warrant. Our lawyer can gain initial information about our case, inform they of our rights and help get our bail lowered, or in some cases, eliminated entirely. This is far too late. There are many potentially devastating mistakes that can be made before this point, such as making self-incriminating statements to a member of law enforcement. These can easily be avoided with the advice of a competent defense lawyer.

www.gtysonlaw.com
anil mandal is offline   Reply With Quote