Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts and Partnerships

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
vitdav

Default Forged signature as a co-applicant

Ontario, Canada
My signature was forged on a financial contract for purchasing expensive product as a co-applicant so the main applicant would be approved. Even though the contract was paid and my credit score wasn't affected, I was wondering if the company representative who forged my signature can be charged? What would be the fine?
vitdav is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-25-2015, 12:45 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Forged signature as a co-applicant

I wish to inform you that as there has been forgery of signature thus there may be violation of criminal law. You may report matter to law enforcement and they may take action against accused for violation of Canada Criminal Code. Section 366 of Criminal Code makes it criminal offence.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Forged signature as a co-applicant

Signature forgery is a crime committed when a person signs another party's name or alters a document in order to commit fraud or deceive others. The purpose or intent of signing another person’s name to a document is key in determining whether or not it is considered signature forgery. In your scenario, you can establish that it was only on the basis of your forged signature on the contract, the application for purchasing the product was approved for the main applicant. The intention of the main applicant was to cheat others. Hence you can file a suit against the company representative for forgery and claim damages.
Do seek assistance of a competent attorney in this regard
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote