Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
sandyclaus

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey im a 15 year old girl and i turn 16 and my boyfriend is 17 turning 18 and i gonna stay with him
As has been stated before, the state or jurisdiction in which you live is important. The age of consent (the age at which it is legal to consent to sexual activity) differs between states.

If your boyfriend is turning 18, in many states/jurisdictions, it makes it ILLEGAL for him to have any kind of sexual contact with you.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
Unregistered

Im a 17 year old guy and my girlfriend is 14 years old, we have been together for nearly 1 year 8 months and no one has really said anything about it being illegal. Both of our parents know and that's All fine but she's worried about the age when I turn 18 because she turns 15 the day after, I've tried explaining that it isn't illegal but she's still worried:/ basically all I want to say is that age doesn't matter as long as NO sexual activitys take place, if it's an innocent relationship where you're madly in love with each other then there's nothing stopping you's being together. Stop worrying about the age or other things like that and just enjoy your relationship while your in one, you never know when that could end.
Age DOESN'T matter and it ISN'T illegal

Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #13
sandyclaus

Quote:
Im a 17 year old guy and my girlfriend is 14 years old, we have been together for nearly 1 year 8 months and no one has really said anything about it being illegal. Both of our parents know and that's All fine but she's worried about the age when I turn 18 because she turns 15 the day after, I've tried explaining that it isn't illegal but she's still worried:/ basically all I want to say is that age doesn't matter as long as NO sexual activitys take place, if it's an innocent relationship where you're madly in love with each other then there's nothing stopping you's being together. Stop worrying about the age or other things like that and just enjoy your relationship while your in one, you never know when that could end.
Age DOESN'T matter and it ISN'T illegal
.."says the child molester to his victim..."

But seriously. Age DOES matter, especially in jurisdictions where such a difference in age violates sexual consent laws. When one partner is a legal adult, and the other is a child who has not yet reached the legal age of consent, it most certainly IS illegal.

You are kidding yourself if you think that you can stay madly in love and not have a strong desire to move past the friendship state into some form of sexual contact. While it's NOT impossible or unheard of, it is extremely rare. As they say, "Sex without love is easy, but love without sex is difficult".

Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus View Post
.."says the child molester to his victim..."

But seriously. Age DOES matter, especially in jurisdictions where such a difference in age violates sexual consent laws. When one partner is a legal adult, and the other is a child who has not yet reached the legal age of consent, it most certainly IS illegal.

You are kidding yourself if you think that you can stay madly in love and not have a strong desire to move past the friendship state into some form of sexual contact. While it's NOT impossible or unheard of, it is extremely rare. As they say, "Sex without love is easy, but love without sex is difficult".
No, it depends on where you live, and because I live in the UK the police aren't really that bothered about things like that, they won't stop me in the middle of the street and arrest me for hugging my girlfriend or kissing her, or just simple walking Down the street holding hands. If there were some sort of sexual things going on and they were reported then yeah, Im gonna get arrested. But there has been NO sexual contact in any way in my relationship, we've both talked about it, and decided that we will NOT have any sexual contact until it becomes legal. At the moment we're both too busy with school/college work and looking at uni's to go to after college to even bother with sexual things or moving our relationship forward.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #15
Unregistered

I'm 14 my boyfriend is 17 and were exactly two years and 9 months apart and it is possible to continue are relationship with no sex we have already decide, and talked about it. He can't afford with his plans for going into the army and my plans for getting good scholarships. Also, I disagree with the people saying you can't do that because we are. Also, nothing will ever happen anyways unrolled I'm of age its not that hard unless your a major slits and sex addict. Just because were younger doesn't mean its any differnt then a 18 with a 21 year old dating people used to date and get married at like 15-17 seriously. Also, were engaged so get over it-.-

Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #16
Unregistered

hello, im an 18 yr old who is dating a 15 yr old. We are waiting for her parents consent before we pursue our relationship any further. she is 3 years younger than my self and i was wondering what the florida statutes are on this situation. I am leaving for marine corps recruit trainin in two months and would like to know the laws so i dont screw up my military future.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #17
sandyclaus

Quote:
hello, im an 18 yr old who is dating a 15 yr old. We are waiting for her parents consent before we pursue our relationship any further. she is 3 years younger than my self and i was wondering what the florida statutes are on this situation. I am leaving for marine corps recruit trainin in two months and would like to know the laws so i dont screw up my military future.
The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17. That makes her OFF LIMITS to you. If you have already engaged in sexual activity with her, you have committed statutory rape.

Keep in mind also that her parents do not have the legal authority to consent to you engaging in illegal sexual activity with their minor child. Doing that could subject THEM to legal repercussions as well.

If you intend to become a Marine, then you need to be honorable and NOT pursue a relationship with this 15-year-old child.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #18
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus View Post
The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17. That makes her OFF LIMITS to you. If you have already engaged in sexual activity with her, you have committed statutory rape.

Keep in mind also that her parents do not have the legal authority to consent to you engaging in illegal sexual activity with their minor child. Doing that could subject THEM to legal repercussions as well.

If you intend to become a Marine, then you need to be honorable and NOT pursue a relationship with this 15-year-old child.
Thank you. Do you know if there are age limit laws in the state of Florida though. We have not had sexual relations and i do NOT wish to wander in that territory and jeopardize my carrer in the corps. I did not mean a sexual pursuit when i said pursue but rather just a continuation of the courting situation. Sorry for the baother and thanks for the assistance.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
sunlover
Top Level Member

FL has some of the toughest laws when it comes to adults having any kind of sexual contact with a minor. the age of consent in FL is 18 by the way. by sexual contact I dont mean just intercourse groping, fondling, sexting, exchange of nude pics, sexual chat etc etc all fall under illegal activities. Basically if you wouldnt do it with your own grandmother its probably illegal.
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
Unregistered

All right then thanks for the assistance and God bless. Semper Fi.