Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Unregistered

Im in the same situation, except im not in "love". Also, i'm not dating him. Bu hes been my best friend for years. Its okay to be just friends and let things go on, if he is good enough than he will wait. If not, he was never worth it.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
Bryants

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

It's not illegal but I wouldn't recommend it. At the very least, don't call it dating. Call it associating. Or just hanging out with a friend.
Bryants is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
Unregistered

Dating is perfectly legal, as long as parents or legal guardians give consent and there is no sexual contact. The 18 year old is a legal adult. The 15 year old is a minor under the legal authority and control of the parents. The age a person can no longer be a victim of statutory rape is 16.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
sandyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dating is perfectly legal, as long as parents or legal guardians give consent and there is no sexual contact. The 18 year old is a legal adult. The 15 year old is a minor under the legal authority and control of the parents. The age a person can no longer be a victim of statutory rape is 16.
That's not necessarily true. The age at which a person can give consent to sexual activity varies according to state and jurisdiction. 16 is not a hard and fast limit. In states like California, even having sex with a 17 year old can be considered statutory rape.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #25
Unregistered

Quote:
hey im a 15 year old girl and i turn 16 and my boyfriend is 17 turning 18 and i gonna stay with him
I agree! I'm also 15 and my boyfriend is turning 18 in January and I have a friend who was dating an 18 year old too and she is still with him after her guardian said no because no one should judge a relationship like this because age doesn't matter. My mom is 5 years older than my dad and that hasn't made a difference. They actually started dating when he was 17 so my mom understands. I DO need help though, I need to tell my dad about him but he's so scary and I don't know if I should tell him or how I should. He is unaware of my old relationships so it's very difficult. Any tips?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #26
Unregistered

Girl do what u want when I jus turned 17 I started datin this guy when he was 20 and 1 yr and a half I'm still with him I'm 18 he's 21 and were in love nobody in this world wil ever make me stop lovin him

Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #27
Unregistered

What I dont understand is why the parents think they get to cut it all off? They're not going through it, if the guy makes her happy it should be fine. My "gf" well ex now. She's 15(almost 16) and I'm 18 and we dated and her mom was fine and now she just decided that we have to stop caring about eachother. That's what is stupid in this law, I dated her before I was 18 and we were fine but once I turned 18 her mom decided to walk all over me. Law or not doesn't change how me and her feel

Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #28
gail in georgia
Top Level Member

Look; the point isn't the highly romantic notion that some adult can "stop" young folks from being in love. The point is whether the partner who is LEGALLY considered an adult is engaging in sexual activity with a partner LEGALLY considered to be a child.

If so, the adult in the relationship may find himself/herself in a cell with a new boyfriend/girlfriend named Bruno.

All these youngsters who are currently blinded by the twinkling idea of young love need to wipe the stars out of their eyes and spend a couple of hours going through the "sex offender" lists for their county. Many a young man (and, in some cases, young woman) has to carry the label of "sexual offender" FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES as a result of sexual activity with partners considered underage for their state.

Gail
gail in georgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Yeah Gail, but they think true hormones trump state law. Proof they are not capable of making these choices.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
Oz10

Quote:
The first thing your school should teach you is how to write sentences properly.

Secondly, you are just like the majority of teens who clearly do not understand the LEGALITY of it. 15 year olds, regardless of how mature they THINK they are, are still LEGAL MINORS. That is the long and short of it.

On a side note, it's quite sad that your wish is to be LESS smart than you are.
Dear teacher of the ages,
This is not an essay contest in the case that you were wondering. The only thing you should be doing is learning how to respect a person no matter the age. Why don't you just read what you searched the web for and keep your little fingers off the keyboard in which you feel so safe insulting people from.
-yours truly
Truth