Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Other Real Estate Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Collins

Default Room mate skipped out on rent Stole stuff as well as damaged the room.

Ill make it quick so i don't waste your time.

Room mate up and left in the end of July without a word.

she was paying $500 a month

her Cat ( which she kept locked in her room and occasionally blew smoke in its face to get it high) tore up the carpet corners in the room.

no papers where signed but i do have her on recording saying she lived here from this may to August. As well as her name and a confirmation of the current address.

Oh this is also happening in Vancouver in case there are different restrictions from province/states

Is there anything i can do?

Thank-you.
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Room mate skipped out on rent Stole stuff as well as damaged the room.

I wish to inform you that Residential Tenancy Act of BC will govern your rights. In this regard you may inform landlord that your roommate has left and you should not be held liable for your roommate's rent because the rent agreement between your roommate and landlord is different from your and landlords agreement. In this regard if landlord takes action against you then you may take benefit that you are not a party to agreement. Further all the destruction caused by your roommate may also be informed. If your roommate has kept her things under her lock and key then she still have possession as she is using premises for her things.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No