Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
wheelchairdave7

Default My upstairs neighbor is following me from room to room..........

I have a serious issue going on here at my apt. My upstairs nieghbor has been following me from room to room since the first 3weeks of moving into my new apt. And it has now been going on for around 6to 7 months now ,he came down one time when he was drunk to apologize for his loudness so this was a good time to confront him about the following me around and when I asked him what it was all about he said he wasn't doing anything intentional so I said we can squash the situation if it stops I said well then its obvious to me that u knew u were following me from room to room right? OK so it stopped for 4days after that conversation we had,but after those 4 days he started back up again and hasn't stopped yet its now been 6 to 7 months now I am furious over what this guy has been doing to me when I go to bed he goes to bed ,when I wake up he wakes up I am constantly yelling at this ******* and my stress level is out the window I'm red in the face over this he just won't stop following me from room to room. He also started walking back and fourth to the vent on the stove to try and hear my conversation and goes back and fourth all night long ,I don't know what to do anymore I am in a wheelchair I'm a T-5 paraplegic so its not like I can get.upstairs to bang on his door and kick the **** out of him cause of my situation of being in a wheelchair, and as I write this right now his right above me tapping on the floor I'm on section 8 housing so I can move out until my 1 year lease is up or I would have already moved out of my apt. The main question me ,and the people I've shared this with is what could he be using to follow me from room to room? Nobody knows I can't even take a s.,.t in the bathroom without bearing him walking into the bathroom and just stops and stands there until I'm done .Inhavnt called the cops because I know they will say unroll he does something they can't do anything to help me or make him stop. I've email the property management where I rent from never heard hack so I feel I'm being pushed into taking this matter inro my own hands cause this guy is not !!! Gonna stop so I ask u for help or advice on what can I do to make this upstairs neighbor from following me from room to room.... Sincerl, David
wheelchairdave7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: My upstairs neighbor is following me from room to room..........

How is he getting into your apartment to follow you from room to room? Do you let him in?

You can get a restraining order from his entering your apartment, contacting you, coming within X feet of you or your apartment. There is no cost and the courts provide a packet with instructions.

The forms for a restraining order should be available online. One applies, if the situation is urgent, a temporary order is issued with a return date of usually no more than a couple, three weeks for him to show cause why it should not be made permanent.

Once such an order is issued should he violate it, then you can call the police and they will haul his nosy. harassing keister to jail. And you should be able to then get a good nights sleep.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may serve a written notice to your neighbor and the property management. If they do not resolve the matter then you may file a lawsuit and request the court to order an injunction against the harassment being meted out to you. You may contact Legal Aid and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2015, 03:43 AM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I think OP is indicating neighbor is walking form room to room in his own apt. I would be happy he is sleeping while you do and since it has been going on for about 7 months, you are in the home stretch to move.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #5
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

I just wonder how he hears you move around? The bathroom and the kitchen I can understand, but if the TV isn't on how is he to know whether you're reading or gone to bed?

I'm inclined to agree with Disagreeable, just prepare to move at the year mark.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
I think OP is indicating neighbor is walking form room to room in his own apt. I would be happy he is sleeping while you do and since it has been going on for about 7 months, you are in the home stretch to move.

He says, "following me from room to room." That means trailing behind. Let the poster clarify.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote