Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
Graf4x

[UK] Is it illegal for an 18 year old to kiss a 14 year old

I live in the UK and I am wondering if it is illegal for an 18 year old to kiss a 14 year old, the relationship is purely platonic and there is no sexual contact involved. My dad is trying to convince me that it is, but wont back up his claim. Her parents are okay with me and there is no intent to engage in any form of sexual activity. Need some advice on this, thank you.

Edit; I understand that her parents control whether or not she sees me, and I will respect that decision if they ever change their minds, but as for the current moment they are happy with me. As for the sexual contact, I told her there will not be any until it is legal as I would not risk the consequences involved, which she respects my choice with that.
Graf4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: [UK] Is it illegal for an 18 year old to kiss a 14 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf4x View Post
I live in the UK (Wales) and I am wondering if it is illegal for an 18 year old to kiss a 14 year old, the relationship is purely platonic and there is no sexual contact involved. My dad is trying to convince me that it is, but wont back up his claim. Her parents are okay with me and there is no intent to engage in any form of sexual activity. Need some advice on this, thank you.

Edit; I understand that her parents control whether or not she sees me, and I will respect that decision if they ever change their minds, but as for the current moment they are happy with me. As for the sexual contact, I told her there will not be any until it is legal as I would not risk the consequences involved, which she respects my choice with that.
Kisses are not platonic and can be misinterpreted by a 14-year old girl as being a sign you have romantic feelings towards her. Then your previously platonic relationship will be history in her mind.

If I were you I would follow your dad's advice. He's an older, wiser head and his advice bears listening to and heeding.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
Kisses are not platonic and can be misinterpreted by a 14-year old girl as being a sign you have romantic feelings towards her. Then your previously platonic relationship will be history in her mind.

If I were you I would follow your dad's advice. He's an older, wiser head and his advice bears listening to and heeding.
Yes but normal kissing is not sexual in any way. She understands that no sexual activity will occur and accepts that.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
Friend In Court
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes but normal kissing is not sexual in any way. She understands that no sexual activity will occur and accepts that.
WHY do you feel the need to kiss her if your feeling are platonic as you say?

You have been told by one who was once a 14-year old girl, knows girls of that age and by your father not to.

I do not believe for a minute your feelings are platonic. If you kiss her, neither will she.

You will be opening up an emotional can of worms for the girl and doing her no favor.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
WHY do you feel the need to kiss her if your feeling are platonic as you say?

You have been told by one who was once a 14-year old girl, knows girls of that age and by your father not to.

I do not believe for a minute your feelings are platonic. If you kiss her, neither will she.

You will be opening up an emotional can of worms for the girl and doing her no favor.
The definition of platonic stands at "(of love or friendship) intimate and affectionate but not sexual." What I would like to know is if it's illegal or not to kiss her, I understand people will say kisses can escalate but that isn't the case, it'd stop before it reached that.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
Friend In Court
Top Level Member

No law against being stupid or hormone-driven.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
Graf4x

Quote:
No law against being stupid or hormone-driven.
Managed to get back onto my account -- I'm only asking for a serious answer, thank you sir.
Graf4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
Wally
Wally's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf4x View Post
Managed to get back onto my account -- I'm only asking for a serious answer, thank you sir.
It is only illegal if there was sexual contact during the kiss so if you kissed her and touched her you would be breaking a law. But if you kissed her and kept your hands to yourself you would be fine.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote