Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Courts, Decisions, Appeals

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
Hardyboy
Hardyboy's Flag is: Pakistan

Default Ex wife is trying to threat me with arrest

Hi, my ex wife is from Iran and she is trying to threat me that she will get me arrested if I try to travel anywhere in the world although I paid her Meher while she was in dubai and we gave her verbal divorce because she was very abusive and disrespected me but couldn’t give it in Dubai court as she was out of uae and it’s been more then 1 year to this now and I have left Dubai 8 months ago due to personal reasons back in my country. And I have to do settlement with etisalat my bill is 3100 AED that I couldn’t pay. Can my ex wife threat me to get me arrested if I’m travelling to Europe or uk or turkey or anywhere in Asia ? Does this mean there’s a travel ban on me ? Although I haven’t recieved any court paper. Plz reply soon
Hardyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Ex wife is trying to threat me with arrest

I wish to inform you that you may travel to any country and it may not be restricted by your wife. In order for arresting a person there is necessity that a criminal case must be there in existence. Etisalat may take action against you for non payment of amount due to them. As regards your default of amount due to Etisalat in this if you enter any GCC countries or countries having agreement with UAE regarding enforcement of court orders there action may be taken against you for non payment of amount due to Etisalat.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
Hardyboy

Thanks a lot for the info. This means even if I take transit through GCC coutries it can be a problem ? I tried to connect with my company for the payments they own me and they still have my car, but they did not help me returning my money or anything and etisalat was not closing my account as well so from both sides I couldn’t get any help. So I want to know that what countries other then GCC are in agreement with UAE for court orders so I avoid even taking transit?

Old 02-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
Hardyboy

And I want to travel to uk, the only flights that go from Pakistan are Qatar, Emirates, Gulf, Turkish, Pia and Sri Lankan. Which one can I take to avoid disturbance ?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:33 AM   #5
jane21august
jane21august's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyboy View Post
And I want to travel to UK, the only flights that go from Pakistan are Qatar, Emirates, Gulf, Turkish, Pia and Sri Lankan. Which one can I take to avoid disturbance?
What disturbance are you talking about?
jane21august is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

Since you are not served with a court order regarding travel ban you are free to travel. But if Etisalat had registered a case against you in UAE there is a chance of arrest for the unpaid debt.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #7
Hardyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Since you are not served with a court order regarding travel ban you are free to travel. But if Etisalat had registered a case against you in UAE there is a chance of arrest for the unpaid debt.
So this means If I travel by any GCC airline I’ll get arrested ?

Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 AM   #8
Hardyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane21august View Post
What disturbance are you talking about?
Meaning, if I travel in any of these airlines I’ll get arrested for not paying etisalat ?

Old 03-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #9
Unregistered

No papers--no ban!