Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Salary and Workers Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
maxiboya
maxiboya's Flag is: India

Default salary not provided

I want to ask for an advice- Earlier i used to work for an International MNC company. I resigned on dec 2014 and joined a local company with same job profile. The new company asked me my last salary slip of my ex company and accordingly they fixed my salary. I provided my PF account number and requested to deduct my PF. The CEO of the company said to me that instead of PF he will show appointment of my wife in his organisation and will deposit a part of my salary to her. As per him this will help me in saving my income tax. I accepted his offer. The company provided me my appointment letter and an appointment letter to my wife also. The company opened a new account to my wife and myself. For the first three month the company used to pay the part of my salary to my wife account. then they stopped paying to that account. Although they used to pay my rest of my salary. Each time I approach the CEO for my unpaid amount he simply used to say we are suffering from financial crisis and will pay you ASAP. Today two years passed by. They are still not paying to my wife account. Please let me know how to get my payment from them.
maxiboya is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: salary not provided

I wish to inform you that the company has paid you as per the terms of the appointment letter issued to you and met all its obligations. However, it has not paid your wife and she may proceed against the company to pay dues to her if she has met her part of the obligations under the appointment letter issued to her. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
maxiboya
maxiboya's Flag is: India

Thank you very much for your reply. Will proceed accordingly
maxiboya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case you have no legal standing to initiate a case against the company. But your wife can initiate a case against the company for unpaid salary. It is good to consult a lawyer in this matter.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote