Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Salary and Workers Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
darth
darth's Flag is: Philippines

Question Claiming my Dependents

Hi, my partner and I are working for the same company. Now, he claimed our children as his dependents (We're not married).

I also claimed the children as my dependents, but the HR told me that they can't let claim them as my dependents because my partner already claimed them as his.

The problem, I have a high tax cut to my salary because my tax status is S instead of S2.

Before we worked for the same company, we also claimed the children as our dependents. No problem to that because we're different persons claiming the same children.

Do I have to keep on letting them put me on a S tax status instead of S2?

Regards
darth is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #2
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Default Re: Claiming my Dependents

They are to tax you based on your W4, nothing else. Tell them that. You don't claim individual ppl on the W4, it's your problem then if you're underwithheld at the end of the year.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No