•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darth
    • Apr 2017
    • Philippines

Claiming my Dependents

Hi, my partner and I are working for the same company. Now, he claimed our children as his dependents (We're not married).

I also claimed the children as my dependents, but the HR told me that they can't let claim them as my dependents because my partner already claimed them as his.

The problem, I have a high tax cut to my salary because my tax status is S instead of S2.

Before we worked for the same company, we also claimed the children as our dependents. No problem to that because we're different persons claiming the same children.

Do I have to keep on letting them put me on a S tax status instead of S2?

Regards
  • goddessoflubboc
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Nov 2011

Re: Claiming my Dependents

They are to tax you based on your W4, nothing else. Tell them that. You don't claim individual ppl on the W4, it's your problem then if you're underwithheld at the end of the year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...