X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hpatel
    • Dec 2015

Am I eligible for naturalization? - Unique case

Hi, i had a greencard through family petition in 1991 and was a child 6 yr old that time. I came with my parents in 1991 and left after 3 month. Then i never came back. I came back in 2007 on F1 student visa and met an attorney who said i can renew my old green card. I paid him fees and he filed I-90 and i was called for fingerprint. Approved renewed GC. Received new renewed GC with old date showing GC holder since 1991. I started using it with my old SS number. Got a govt job here in NJ and went back to my country 3 times and came back without any problem at airport. I now applied for naturalization and on jan 12 i have scheduled for an interview. I am wondering to know if i will have to face any problem in interview as homeland security allowed me to enter. Please advise.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

re: Am I eligible for naturalization? - Unique case

I wish to inform you that as date mentioned in your green card is 1991 thus you may be allowed to have naturalization. You may carry all documents regarding renewal of your green card so that even if your renewal is questioned you may show your status in US as that of permanent legal resident.

Please note that if the USCIS official finds out that there has been misrepresentation then your green card may be canceled and you may be deported. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF

Comment

• Disagreeable
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Oct 2012
      • United States

We have no way of defining the specifics of your meeting naturalization requirements based on the info given.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Narciss
        • Apr 2016

Hello
        I've got green card in April 2011 through my citizen parent . I was a university student in my country at that time , so I traveled alot to compelete my education .I asked an officer and he said its ok when you show the evidence of education and your family are living in USA.
        Now , It's being 1 year that I am continusly living in USA. My whole time spent in USA is 18 months till now. I filed for N-400 and I have an interview next month .
        I have a good moral character and have no crime record .
        What do you think? Do I have any chance to win at interview?

Comment

• Disagreeable
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Oct 2012
          • United States

Re: Am I eligible for naturalization? - Unique case

I do not believe you meet requirements in part 2.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...