Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > Doing Business in China

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this article helpful for you?

Very useful 21 70.00%
useful 6 20.00%
just so so 1 3.33%
no use 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:12 AM   #11
d6555

Default Re: How can you find a reliable supplier in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor-City-Sports View Post
I agree With Mr. Stone, I also am looking for a reliable Electroncs Supplier but have yet been able to find one and to be honest I am not sending funds to any one till I am Sure the supplier is reliable!

I went on Tradekey and Alibaba site 2 days ago looking for electronic deals & all I have received emails from are Suppliers from CHINA that do nothing but SCAM people, specially if you live in the USA and are looking for that great deal.

Their prices seem way to low to be real.

Also if they don't accept PAYPAL or Ship COD do not Buy from them because then you have no leverage when they rip you off. They are ripping people off left and right &Tradekey won't do crap!

These electronic Suppliers will give you a bunch of reason on why they cant take any payment except Western Union or Bank Transfers thats because their is no way to get your money back or find that person after they rip you off.

My suggestion is if the Supplier DOES NOT accept Either PAYPAL or Major Credit cards or deliver COD.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
THOSE COMPANIES ARE NOT REAL ‘COMPANY’. THINGS ON INTERNET ARE VITRUAL, FROM THE PAYMENT TERM I CAN TELL THIS IS ILLAGEL. CHINA HAS A TIGHT CONTROL OF FOREGIN EXCHANGE. CHINA EXPORT : 1. EXPORT CAN ONLY HANDLE BY EXPORT AGENT / FACTORY WHO HAS EXPORT LICENCE. 2. THE PAYMENT NEED TO DEPOSITE TO EXPORT AGENT / FACTORY BANK ACCOUNT. IF YOUR SUPPLIER IS DOING IN OTHER WAY, MEAN IT IS A SUBMARINE EXPORT. NO RECORD IN GOVERNMENT DATA.
d6555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #12
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How can you find a reliable supplier in China

I recommend a good supplier which I always using... www.caltechmall.com (wholesale China mobile phone, China discount electronics). It wholesale china mobile phones and other electronics. Very good service.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #13
Unregistered

Hi Ken, I am a business owner in Australia looking to import electronics to Australia. Was wondering if you can email me regarding your services! kmelectrics@optusnet.com.au
Thanks, Kristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yctp View Post
I live and work in Beijing. I'm British and have been here for the past eight years.

Yes, some of the above seems to be good advice. However, as a Chinese person, as you seem to be from your English, you will also know that there is a huge market in fraudulent documents; such as company registration certificates. To pretend you don't know, when almost every person on the streets here knows, is plainly dishonest in itself; at best dishonest to yourself, and at worst, dishonest to any readers of this post.

And as to making friends with Chinese people particularly in a business forum such as fobshanghai.com (which seems to have been closed down - at least I can't access it from Beijing); then I would say, that greater care need be taken, as one is dealing with anonymous sources in a forum, and their motivations are their OWN.

Your fourth point regarding not buying from the lowest priced, rather from the best service, isn't valid either within the confines of this discussion; as one doesn't know who offers the best service unless one can find suitable references on them.

Consequently, I advise any prospective purchaser to require references from other foreign companies the prospective seller claims to have dealt with: name, address, telephone, and email addresses.

Regarding your point five, you state that because Alibaba requires 10K from its' SELLERS then they must be somehow reliable.

That too is a weak argument. Firstly the 10K you speak of is Chinese Renmin Bi, or Yuan; and which equates to roughly 1,463.57 USD, as of the day of this posting.

That is a small price to pay for the potential to scam tens and even hundreds of thousands from potential buyers. A small investment with a massive return. And an investment easily achievable by any half decent business person in China.

Regarding the complaints procedure which ALIBABA follows, it is weak at best, and at worst has a ZERO deterrent rate.

Moreover, ALIBABA virtually NEVER excludes companies from its' site even after complaints have been lodged, and the same is true of others such as TRADEKEY.

Don't believe me?

Go visit their forums, and see how many are complaining about monies lost, complaints made and registered, and inaction by ALIBABA to strike those companies off their lists.

For further information on protecting yourself when trading in China, please, view my previous response to the post:

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdoi...a-crookes.html

and which you'll find at number 6 in the list. I'm not sure why it has me as being UNREGISTERED, as I was registered at the time of posting. Still, it's there for you anyway.

All the best,

Ken Stone

Old 10-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #14
Unregistered

Receommend caltechmall.com
They are trusted and accept paypal.good service.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
JitVerify

We are a China based company specializing in verification and product inspection throughout China. We offer a number of services tailor made to each client and specific to their needs and we operate across China. With our knowledge of local culture, customs and laws, we are able to obtain the information you need for any registered company in China by breaking down communication barriers and providing you with comprehensive reports at every stage.

We are staffed by a talented multi-national team offering local expertise to give you peace of mind by taking care of the fundamental checks and processes required for you to do business in China with confidence. We have offices in China and US. The China operation is staffed by experienced Chinese inspectors with deep understanding of Chinese business. The US office provides oversight, western management style, and assurance to its western customers that business is conducted according to high standards.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
Neon Leon

I found this whilst doing a search, I don't know if it is of any use to anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to do Business in China

By Michael Fitzgerald

January 28th, 2009 @ 2:23 pm

A massive three-year video project on Doing Business in China is out from The Atlantic. It features James Fallows and Joe Nocera, two highly-respected journalists/public intellectuals, as well as Emily Chang, who may be on her way to being the same. Fallows writes on his blog that

What I particularly like about the series is that it shows people, places, and things " inside factories, inside Chinese companies, workers from remote areas " that are hard for most Westerners to see, and that finally leave a different impression if you actually see them as opposed to reading about them (even in the best magazines). It also shows you a little bit of the hosts: mainly, you’re seeing real Chinese people in action.

It’s $200, but Fallows notes that if you type in member code ‘Atl-fallows’ you get a $50 discount. Some previews are here.

On The Frontlines: Doing Business in China DVDs: Previews

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am considering purchasing it.

Like many others I am also thinking about doing business with companies in China and have spent a year and a half carfulyy looking in to the pros and cons. I have decided that I will not part with any money unless it is via paypal or using my visa card. No Western Union transactions. Any companies using WU as an only means of payment ring alarm bells for me. Also, I would never purchase a product without demanding a sample first.

I great business opportunity would be to set up a company (if there are not any out there) that you pay a fee to, that could check out the legitemacy of the business/compana that you are wanting to deal with.

I have also thought about acting as a middleman for companies in China doing business with people around the world and producing a website with legitamate companies who have and are currently trading with real products and people and giving them access to names and contact details of traders who can verify this.
Please give me some feedback on this and let me know your thoughts.

Neon Leon
Neon Leon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
fantazar

I recently purchased some products from OWNTA.COM and am very happy with the goods and delivery service. Their online help is very knowledgable and helpful when i enquired about many things regarding the products, shipping, payment, etc. I recommend them but that's my own personal experience. Received my order in 3 days by DHL.

James
New Zealand

Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #18
echoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantazar View Post
I recently purchased some products from OWNTA.COM and am very happy with the goods and delivery service. Their online help is very knowledgable and helpful when i enquired about many things regarding the products, shipping, payment, etc. I recommend them but that's my own personal experience. Received my order in 3 days by DHL.

James
New Zealand
I agree Ownta.com is a legit company
echoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #19
seekinginfo

Smile Re: How can you find a reliable supplier in China

Frankly, I believe the best way is still to find a reliable Trading House. There are many good trading companies I know whom can help. However, many are foreign companies working in China. So, maybe they are more reliable than China companies. Contact me (china-business-guide@live.com) if you need this information (company contacts). Thanks.
seekinginfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #20
Unregistered

I am a Chinese. I used to represent Chinese factory to do business in USA. I feel the pain!!! It is really hard to find a good supplier. I would suggest you hire a buyer to do research for you, to ask them to give you reference of customers and call them up. It is right, you don't want to only buy because they are cheap. You will end up paying more.