Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Fedo

Default B2 Overstay in U.S.A

entered USA last year on B1/B2 visa, I didn't returned back to the country where I live because I have three USC children studying in schools here in U.S.A (all of them are underage) and I couldn't leave them alone so I decided to stay with them, now I am staying here is USA illegally and I lost my residence permit in the country where I was live ... my eldest child will be 21 years old in 2012, is there any chance to change my status to legally stay when he petition me for a citizenship?

I appreciate your prompt answer.

My regards,

Fedo
Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: B2 Overstay in U.S.A

A chance but not the best way to handle this; you can still be deported and the overstay is not going to help you.

You should review with competent immigration counsel asap.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No