Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Default B2 Overstay in U.S.A

entered USA last year on B1/B2 visa, I didn't returned back to the country where I live because I have three USC children studying in schools here in U.S.A (all of them are underage) and I couldn't leave them alone so I decided to stay with them, now I am staying here is USA illegally and I lost my residence permit in the country where I was live ... my eldest child will be 21 years old in 2012, is there any chance to change my status to legally stay when he petition me for a citizenship?

I appreciate your prompt answer.

My regards,

Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Posts: n/a
Default Re: B2 Overstay in U.S.A

A chance but not the best way to handle this; you can still be deported and the overstay is not going to help you.

You should review with competent immigration counsel asap.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 3387 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cost of overstay Mydreamcometrue Other Immigration Law and Visas 2 03-07-2014 06:38 AM
VWP OVERSTAY OR NOT? ladyjane8 Other Immigration Law and Visas 3 10-22-2012 07:06 AM
Really need help on an overstay case; I am from the UK Ringoscar Other Immigration Law and Visas 2 03-28-2012 07:57 PM
How to appeal 10 yr ban on overstay using 212(d)(3) JeffWjg Other Immigration Law and Visas 2 08-20-2011 04:58 PM
Deportation from USA due to overstay SAM1 Miscellaneous Topics 1 06-23-2010 07:08 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2018 by