Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > Doing Business in China

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: EMS shipping? Scam possibility?

I too am awaiting a package via EMS, and I too got the message that it was "received" on a certain date, but rest assured. when they say "received" I believe that it means that is they date that the company 'received' the shipment, AKA that was when the seller acctually sent it. If you got the message that it was DELIVERED, then you would be in trouble <3

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
Unregistered

I BUY FROM CHINA EVERY MONTH .AND THEY SHIP BY WAY OF EMS .IT TAKES SIX TO SEVEN DAYS TO GET MY SHIPMENT IN FLORIDA .WHEN IT GETS TO J.F.K AND CLEARS CUSTOMS YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEM FROM THE U.S.P.S. .WHEN IT LEAVES J.F.K. >

Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
Unregistered

I ordered from ebay. the seller says they do there shipping thruogh ems. I got a tracking no. that tracking no. said it was received on time but to somewhere else. Im still waiting. The seller says cant contact ems because they are celabrating the new year and they are closed untill feb 2. do I worry?

Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
unitboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I ordered from ebay. the seller says they do there shipping thruogh ems. I got a tracking no. that tracking no. said it was received on time but to somewhere else. Im still waiting. The seller says cant contact ems because they are celabrating the new year and they are closed untill feb 2. do I worry?
I wouldn't worry to much about this if you ordered from eBay. The EMS offices are closed due to the Chinese New Year. As far as when you will get your product all depends on if EMS shipped it out of China before they closed their offices for the new year. If so, it should arrive at the normal time due to the fact that it might already be in USPS system. I hope this helps.
unitboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
me too im still waiting i make an order jan 24.and they said they are close till feb.31and feb 1, i receive e mail saying they already send the item but the tracking number that they give is not working.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
Unregistered

I've used EMS as shipping from Japan and Korea for very expensive dolls. They've always done a wonderful job and on average things arrive a week or so early.

I shipped things for work to Russia and China with FedEx. They assisted with the paperwork and everything got jammed in customs because nothing was right. Oh yeah. More reliable. Very helpful.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: EMS shipping? Scam possibility?

I ordered from Ebay on 1/19/2009. The tracking number was provided and I continually check the EMS shipping website and they say they have no record of this item. When should I be worried that I was scammed??

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
Unregistered

Default Re: EMS shipping? UGGs? Scam possibility?

My boyfriend bought me some "Ugg" Boots from Women's UGGs,Womens UGG Boots Online Retail,Free Shipping! and they took a long time to get here (purchased via the website using PayPal on 1/19/09 and finally here on 1/31/09 when I had to pick them up from the post office. When I picked up the package there was no packing slip inside (nor invoice or other identifying marks) just the box with the boots inside. The boots - sold as "Uggs" turn out to be some knock off of Uggs which do not fit because there is too little "sheepskin?" material on the foot top area and so it compresses the "chamber" where the foot is positioned in the boot leaving insufficient room for foot comfort.

My boyfriend's Mom has brand new real Uggs and wears the same shoe size as I do and I tried hers on before ordering mine - and they fit perfectly in size 8. The company does not provide any contact information and have not responded to my submitted complaint - although it turns out that they do have a very restrictive policy for returns demanding that the item be on it's way back to them within SEVEN days from RECEIPT!!!

Any ideas as to how to address this situation?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
Unregistered

EMS is not a Scam people. They are a postal Company like U.S.P.S. and just like U.S.P.S. there tracking info does not show up right away. Sometimes you may even receive your product before it show up on there tracking page. Slow Yes but a SCAM No. Be patient it will show up. I have dealt with EMS for a long time and never had a problem.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
Unregistered

Wink Re: EMS shipping? UGGs? Scam possibility?

These Uggs you purchased or your Boyfriend come from China, and yes they are knockoffs, Actually they do have knockoff uggs that are the same as the original, I mean you really cant tell the difference, and then they have the ones your boyfriend purchased. Anyway, heres is the email of the owner of the website as well as the administrative person.. its the same person.

billing-organization: fang jie
billing-first name: fang
billing-last name: jie
billing-street: 4001,ShenNan Nvenue
billing-city: shenzhen
billing-state: guangdong
billing-zip: 518003
billing-country: CN (China)
billing-phone: +86.75529226296
billing-fax: +86.75529226296
billing-email: jiefang@yeah.net

HOPE THIS HELPS!