Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Small Claims Courts

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
sandyclaus

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Paypal just refunded $200+ dollars to the buyer because I do not have proof of delivery to the buyer's house. For First Class USPS Mail, they do not provide delivery confirmation and I also shipped through Ebay. The buyer is a fraud and Ebay side with the buyer. There is no seller's protection! Not only that, Paypal and Ebay did not refund the fees they charged my account for selling on Ebay and receiving funds through Paypal. They are robbing me with their eyes opened!

I am in for a class suit! aluyen@aol.com
On this one, I'd have to say it's your own fault for not shipping with some kind of delivery confirmation. The buyer can easily claim they never got it because you have no proof you ever even sent it.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
benthe1

Angry Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

I have a similar situation. I sold an iPhone 5 for $588. I had the package sent to the buyer's address with a signature confirmation. The package was attempted to be delivered but the buyer's address was a business and it was closed. So USPS held it at their facility for 15 days. After about 4 days of the item not being delivered to the address the buyer opened an "Item not received" case through Paypal, without contacting me first. I responded to the case saying the item was at the post office but the buyer didn't respond.

The package eventually came back to me and then PayPal refunded the money back to the buyer. Here is the kicker. PayPal charged a $17 fee but that wasn't refunded because the buyer won the case. Ebay also charged a $35 fee that I didn't get back because the buyer didn't cancel the case that I requested. I honestly wonder if this is an Ebay bot that randomly buys high priced items and has the package sent to bogus addresses so the packages get sent back but then Ebay and PayPal keep all the fees.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
reap

Add me to any class action suit. I have been considering contacting a lawyer myself. Here is what I am basing my complaint on.

1. First of all, eBay does not even provide a service for shipping; therefore, they are gouging their sellers for a service that they do not provide.
2. This is what I think is the reason for standing the best chance at winning. I use "Calculate Shipping" on most of my auctions. This gives the seller an exact price as to what the deliverer charges. When eBay takes their FVF on shipping out, this ends up not being the price the seller has paid for shipping, but less. I should be able to trust eBay to properly calculate my shipping fees that the buyer pays me. I feel eBay has misled me every time that I have used "Calculate Shipping" by having the buyer pay me less than the actual shipping charges charged by the shipping providers. If they want to dip their hands into something that they don't even provide a service for, they should add their FVF costs to the calculated shipping amount that they determine for us sellers.

I understand that less than 1% of sellers were charging 1ยข for the item and an inflated amount for the shipping fees in order to skirt eBay's FVF on the item sold. I get that. I get that eBay needed to do something about that. But the way they handled it was wrong. They DO have an inventory of many items listed on their site, which could easily set a shipping weight on them, like Amazon does. They could credit the seller a set amount of calculated shipping costs based on the weight of the item, and then, if the seller overcharges, tack on a fee then.

My email is reap70 'at' frontier 'dot' com. BTW, my county borders Madison County, IL, annually on the "Judicial Hellhole" list for outrageous amounts in lawsuits.
reap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
Unregistered

We need a good alternative to ebay.

They just emailed me to let me know im in violation of the policy for not using the product description. When i then used it it provided inaccurate information about the item, suggesting it is a 3 way speaker when ist actually 2 way! A pretty fundamental and important piece of info

So here i am in violation by not using it and risking an unhappy seller because i do

I have opened numerous cases against sellers and buyers and get tired of waiting for ebay to resolve, wish they were that slow at collecting their fees!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #15
Unregistered

I agree is there any number or contact information for a law office taking this case?

If so I would like to sign up for this.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Unregistered

Please add me to the this Law suit.

Ebay always refund the buyers for any dispute case - the buyers where the one that chose the economy shipping method. Overseas buyers always claim that item wasn't receive after a couple of weeks and I always tell them that it will take at least 4-6 weeks. With economy shipping there is no tracking, but I tried to open and investigation with Canada Post but since Jan 14th, 2013 they no longer open up cases for investigations. On one case I was able to open up an investigation with Canada Post and I provided the reference number and the name of the agent and I provided ebay with all of this yet the buyer still won.

Please let me know on how I can join this Lawsuit!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

The fee eBay charges is for running the site, processing the sale, regardless of whether it is refunded or not.

If one does not like eBay there's Amazon.com and other sites to choose from.

When one does business with a firm, especially an online firm like eBay, their terms and conditions to be registered as a buyer or seller are posted.

I reiterate that filing a class action suit is nothing for a novice. These need to be filed by an attorney who is well staffed with support staff, as well. Certification of the class has to be done by the court which applies tests under FRCP 19 or state equivalent if filed in state court.

When an individual talks filing a class action suit, considered complex litigation, it is like Little David with a pea shooter saying he wants to take on Golilath.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
Unregistered

Has anything come of this? I think that there are several avenues that need to be addressed with eBay.
1. Pushing free shipping onto sellers when most of us have high shipping costs in the first place.
And when we do charge for shipping, eBay take fees out of the ship charge. I am in the hole hundreds of dollars right now on shipping to the point that I am not sure I can continue to us eBay to sell my products due to the fees between eBay and Paypal per transaction, and on top of that, the store fee.
2. Trying to require sellers to upload shipping information. I use UPS for the better reliabilty and easier (for me) tracking on packages. There is no automatic upload of shipping information available, this is something we have to manual do, which really triplicates the work cost me more man hours which is more money.
If I am to use an integrated shipping method with UPS, they require me to allow them to deduct the payment immediately from my paypal account. Again, not fair to seller!
eBay was supposed to be partnering up with the Post Office/Fed Ex cooperation (for those of you who dont know, Fed Ex is trying to save the butt of the US Postal Service and has been farmed out to ship the bulk of mail around in their flight systems read here: FedEx Signs New Express Air Transportation Agreement With United States Postal Service | FedEx Newsroom )
3. Just received a notice today from eBay stating that my performance was not good enough and I was going to be dropped to a regular store rate where I am charged more per transaction. This comes from not directly adding in shipping information and customers who dont follow up on feedback. I am doing 100% of everything for my customers that I need to. Yes there are a few issues here and there because I deal with used parts, but over all I get no credit for the above and beyond super happy customers that make up 99% of the people who I have sold to.
Monetarily penalizing me for 1% of what I do? Come on now.......oh and by the way, if I eat the shipping on every package, part of my low performance becomes a non issue. Because then buyers can not rate me on shipping.
We the sellers keep eBay in business. I find there is way to many times they side with the buyer without proper explanations allowed from seller.
Someone leaves you bad feedback that is not at all honest or correct? Guess what, you can not delete it or even respond. That is simply not fair.
I understand from previous years that eBay is tired of being a referee between angry buyers and sellers, but the sellers keep eBay in business. We have to conform to all their listing rules and regulations. Even when we make it very clear about what we are selling, if the person is unhappy, they can still return the item and cause sellers grief.
There is little recourse for the small individual sellers against eBay. I feel that eBay should be more flexible with the Sellers and not let the buyers rule. There are more and more people pulling scams against sellers and eBay doesnt seem to care about our losses.
As far as selling elsewhere....
The platform on Amazon is not exactly the same and is not user friendly for used parts sellers such as myself. They are trying to move in that direction but their rules are extremely rigid as well.
Craigslist is ok for local stuff, but the reach is not as far and there is all the spam to deal with.

I think there are many good cases to be made against eBay. If anyone can start up something, count me in, rigingjobs@gmail.com

Old 05-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmichael View Post
i need to know if i have a case against ebay please help
I'M TIRED OF EBAY AND THEIR FOREIGN COUNTRY'S SUPPORT, MOSTLY PHILIPINES, THEY DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AT ALL, ASKING THEM A QUESTION ABOUT RULES WOULDN'T HELP YOU AT ALL. ASKING YOU KINDLY OR NOT KINDLY TO GET YOU TROUGH THE US SUPPORT WILL RESULT BEING CUT OF FROM THE LINE. JUST TRY TO GET SOMEONE FROM SLC IN UTAH, A NEW EBAY's "HEADQUARTER", IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

EBAY MAKES BILLIONS AND WE GOT PEANUTS, IT IS TOO MUCH, SOMEONE MUST STAND UP BEFORE THEY BECOME SUPERPOWER. THEY DO NOT PAY AMERICAN TAXES ANYMORE. BRINGING THEIR BUSINESS OUT OF COUNTRY IS SOMETHING THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME. WHY WE DO NOT HAVE ANYONE ELSE SMARTER TO INVENT SOMETHING BETTER THAN UGLY EBAY?

IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU CANNOT FIND ON GOOGLE SEARCH ANYTHING AGAINST EBAY ANYMORE. MOST COMMENTS AGAINST EBAY HAVE BEEN REMOVED,

GO AHEAD GUYS, JOIN TO EBAY, GIVE THEM MORE POWER, I DON'T...

Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

What some Ebay sellers appear to have forgotten, is that Ebay provides a business platform, that enables sellers to market product on a large area basis, while generally foregoing the expenses of a brick and mortar store. Amazon, provides another such platform. If you are not a successful business person, in the Ebay, Amazon or brick and mortar business arenas and others succeed, you need to find another business as the niche you are attempting to fill is not a viable source of income.

Though the argument can certainly be made there are losses due to Ebay and Amazon policies and decisions, these same sellers are not subject to the same shrink factors brick and mortar stores experience. I suggest if you want a "true class action suit", you include Ebay, Amazon, all local city police departments, Sheriffs Departments, Attorney Generals' Offices, the FBI, CIA, Dept of Homeland Security, US Treasury and all local, county, state and the Federal governments. Ooops forgot, Fed EX, UPS and the USPS.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote