Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Small Claims Courts

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
Unregistered

Angry Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

Count me in.

Sold an item for $1200, ebay got their selling fees. Had to give a partial refund, or get the item returned & ebay will not refund their part of the partial refund. If something sells for $1200 & I gave a $200 partial refund, then technically the item only sold for $1000. Ebay should only be entitled to the fees on $1000 and should refund the fees for the $200 difference. But they don't see it that way. We need a class action suit brought for this!! it is completely wrong!!

rjmdjohnson@yahoo.com

-Randy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #22
Bryan Pessoa

Unhappy Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

Hi, guys same problem here, i sell a average of 3-5 k a month and this problem is taking a huge toll on my company... im located in Hollywood, FL and if this thing takes off im IN!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #23
wb303

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

I too would participate in this. Essentially ebay is enabling international fraudsters to rip the sellers off, and ebay skims their cut even if the seller is **** out of luck. To make matters worse if you have paypal integration they automatically take money out of your accounts whether or not you agree to the terms. Ebay should be held accountable for being complicit in fraud, the same way citizens are held accountable for participating in the transfer of stolen goods. To maintain an online marketplace implies updating their site and practices to avoid fraud. They should make it policy to not even mention uninsured untrackable means of shipping in the auction metadata and they also should be held accountable for not negating international bidders bids on US only items. Right now I can write "no international bidders" on my auctions until I'm blue in the face, but nothing stops international bidders from bidding on that item. And if they win I can either be defrauded or have to go through a support process to get the auction back up for bid.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #24
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Selling on Ebay is not rocket science people.

Quote:
To block buyers in states, territories, or countries you don't want to ship to:
  • Go to My eBay.
  • Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences on the left.
  • In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click the Show link.
  • Next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click the Edit link.
  • Select the states, territories, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you don't want to ship to.
  • All excluded countries you selected will appear on the lower section of the page.
  • Select the Apply to all current live listings check box to apply these exclusions to all your current listings.
  • Click the Apply button to save your requirements.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #25
Unregistered

eBay thinks they are a god and us sellers get screwed over and over by them. One buyer bought a modem from me open box brand new he sends it back saying it is all scratched up and files a claim and eBay would listen to me with pictures I even sent with serial number they just gave him back his money and made me eat a bad modem! They have frozen my accounts took much money from me so I am always ready for a lawsuit against eBay

Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #26
EddieT

Cool Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

I am in. eBay in my believe are doing many bad things to the seller just to keep them down. I believe their system is programmed to make your sales high at some times then drive it real down at another time like a wave.

they are not refunding when you partial refund the buyer. which is totally I believe illegal .

they are willing to take you down by just having duplicated listing which might be a mistake when you list 1000's of items . i have almost 3000 listing and they hit me twice in 2 month in for 3 duplicates listings and one for 2 duplicates listing. I asked them to send not to seller to inform so seller can take actions and they said no and you have to find it your way.

contact me if you are willing to proceed to a lowsuit. I am sure there is 100's of unhappy sellers who were betrayed by eBay and lost their only income by doing that.

Thanks and I hope that we can change eBay's dirty game,

Edd

Old 09-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
Unregistered

Angry Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

Hello everyone.

I think someone has to stop eBay from malpractice against the seller.

1- not refund prorated amount when partially refunding the buyer for return or to solve problem.

2- not warning the seller if duplicates existed and just strike the account which might cause of loosing main income and business and maybe ending up out of business.

3- not respecting the seller policy for restocking fees when buyer want to return item did not want or did not pay attention that wrong item was purchased.

4- creating shipping program for Chinese companies which makes it cheaper to ship from china to US than shipping domestic inside the US.

many more to list I will try to update as soon as I remember.

thanks

Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #28
Big Jake

Cool Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay? (for not paying back sellers)

I think ebay shud keep that monie.
Them Bain guys are SMART!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #29
Unregistered

Im in! They suspended my account for a past due amount. I made it current (money is not DUE until November 30th!!!!!) and Im still "restricted" NO verbage on the invoice this would happen. Email me...elukic@yahoo.com....im IN!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #30
Unregistered

Been on ebay since they opened their doors like 15 yrs ago. Sold a crap book - got money and was hooked. Now I turn on the computer and go to ebay - it makes me cringe every morning wondering what a-hole left beautiful feedback and cowardly low dsr's... a class action would put them in their place - its time to take our money back from the real thieves and crooks - ebay. -