USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Unpaid loan left in saudi... will the bank harass me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starbx
    • Jun 2013

Unpaid loan left in saudi... will the bank harass me?

Hi i would like to ask re: a personal loan in saudi arabia. Soon i will be ending my contract in saudi, and i a worried that i will not be able to pay my bank loan monthly because im jobless already. My question is, will i ever have a problem if ever i will land a job in qatar or uae? Will the bank harass me in my country? What could possibly happen? Pls enlighten me... thanks
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

re: Unpaid loan left in saudi... will the bank harass me?

I wish to inform if any arrest warrant is issued in Saudi Arabia then you can be arrested in any GCC country including both UAE and Qatar. Generally if there is loan default then bank puts security check and if it gets dishonored then criminal action is taken and arrest warrant is issued.

AFF

Comment

• starbx
      • Jun 2013

What if I contact the bank and tell them that I will pay them as soon as I land a job on those countries? I have no intention at all not to pay them. Its just that I really need to resign because the company is not good. Will the bank follow me in my country and harass me and my family?

Comment

• sandyclaus
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by starbx
        What if I contact the bank and tell them that I will pay them as soon as I land a job on those countries? I have no intention at all not to pay them. Its just that I really need to resign because the company is not good. Will the bank follow me in my country and harass me and my family?
        They will pursue you to collect - even in your home country.

You may find that if there is an outstanding debt, the company may file charges to prevent you from leaving the country at all. For certain, if you manage to leave without paying, you will face arrest and prosecution in any GCC country if you try to set foot in one again in the future.

GCC countries are one of the few that actively arrest and prosecute for unpaid debts.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

• starbx
          • Jun 2013

thanks sir for answering my question. I am really worried. What if in other countries aside from arab countries. Like for example, UK, U.S, Canada or Australia... will they arrest me and not let me enter to those countries? Can I make agreement with the bank that I will pay them as soon as I have a new job?

Comment

• sandyclaus
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by starbx
            thanks sir for answering my question. I am really worried. What if in other countries aside from arab countries. Like for example, UK, U.S, Canada or Australia... will they arrest me and not let me enter to those countries? Can I make agreement with the bank that I will pay them as soon as I have a new job?
            Other countries that you have mentioned do not believe in the concept of debtor's prisons, and won't arrest you upon entry.

You can certain try to make an agreement with the bank, but without the employment to back up your offer of payment, it's ineffective because of its uncertainty. That won't stop authorities in GCC countries from prosecuting. In fact, if you try to negotiate now, before you have tried to leave the country, it may end up giving a heads-up to your employer to rush and get prosecution started, which will only increase the chances that you won't be allowed to leave at all.
            "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
            "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
            "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

• starbx
              • Jun 2013

ah you mean I can enter those countries without any arrest or problem?

thank you for your time in answering my queries. I really appreciated it.

Comment

• Lawer

For Unpaid loan in saudi, AAF ans, wers are wrong. for saudi u hve to get noc from bank to exit from saudi.
                IF u come back to ur home country, bank have agencies to followup for collection. they can call , approach to home . but legaly they cant do anything. for this u can get legal help from any good law firm. dont disturb ur self. for other GCC they can t do anything .

Beware This AAF is their agent of some collection agency. he will tell u wrong

Comment

• Unregistered

So how long these collectors are going to keep callin and hence bother people. Are they going to stop at certain time.

Comment

• unidentifiedfly
                    • Oct 2014

Hi starbx,
                    were you able to exit wotb uour unpaid loan? Because I have the same situation with you

Comment

• Unregistered

Dear,

Don't harass yourself. Its so simple and easy to pay back. The people who are sharing their ideas are either didn't face such situation or don't want to understand. Simply change your job and move to another GCC Country with no fear. But always make your intentions to pay the bank's money back once you will be stable in any country. Here I will provide you some tips,

Don't cancel your visa, simply take the vacations and go back to your home country or fly only UAE or OMAN. Because there's no immigration ties with Saudi Arabia. Then contact your banks and negotiate with them. They might be reducing the principal amount even up to 30 to 40 and 50%. Don't scare with collection agencies, if they are calling you or trying to contact you, attend their calls and explain your situation.

I had have loans and credit cards of around AED 3,4500 and I escaped from UEA without visa cancellation. Couple of years later, I contact the banks personally and negotiate with them, when my job gone fully stable, I took some loan from KSA and paid in UAE through one of my relative and took full clearance. Now there's no case filed against me and can fly freely whenever I would like.

Regards,

Comment

• Unregistered

I wish to inform you AFF, you are stupid and do not have the proper information. Guys, you may work anywhere in GCC without any threat even you are defaulter from any GCC, don't dishonor the calls from recovery guys as they can't do anything. I was defaulter of around 400k in UAE and working in KSA & Qatar and have been traveling freely to my home country. I have been lodged a complaint against a Bilkish agent with a local police where he was pissed off by those police officer.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          I wish to inform you AFF, you are stupid and do not have the proper information. Guys, you may work anywhere in GCC without any threat even you are defaulter from any GCC, don't dishonor the calls from recovery guys as they can't do anything. I was defaulter of around 400k in UAE and working in KSA & Qatar and have been traveling freely to my home country. I have been lodged a complaint against a Bilkish agent with a local police where he was pissed off by those police officer.
                          I have an unpaid loan in kuwait since I was deported from there. Till then I have paid my loan while I was working there. Can the bank put a case on me and will it be a problem to travel to UAE?

Comment

• Kenken
                            • Jul 2016

For Unpaid loan in saudi, AAF ans, wers are wrong. for saudi u hve to get noc from bank to exit from saudi.
                            IF u come back to ur home country, bank have agencies to followup for collection. they can call , approach to home . but legaly they cant do anything. for this u can get legal help from any good law firm. dont disturb ur self. for other GCC they can t do anything .

Beware This AAF is their agent of some collection agency. he will tell u wrong
                            @Lawer:
                            So meaning you can stay and work to other GCC like UAE and Qatar or Oman without any worries at all?
                            I need your immediate reply thanks..

So meaning even you had a police case you can still work and stay to other GCC without any problems at all? do you encounter any problems when in visa processing to work again to other GCC?
                            Please reply?

Comment

• nathan
                              • Oct 2017
                              • Philippines

Re: Unpaid loan left in saudi... will the bank harass me?

i have unpaid credit card in uae now im working in saudi arabia and the dept collection threats me to file a case in saudi embasy.
                              my question is if im going home to philippines there is posible the police in the airport will arest me

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...