Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Wiki Articles and Off-Topic Messages > Off Topic Messages

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
Mr. Questionman

Exclamation Apple’s iOS 10 update for iPhone 5s - Do NOT update (!)

Do NOT update !!! After the recent 10.0.2 update my iPhone 5s is seriously messed up and it feels like a completely different device. And my favorite game Monopoly is messed up too :/ (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mono...337021781?mt=8)

Many other issues were reported after the update...

Quote:
Maude Chater
09/29/2016
I have a 5s and the 10.0.2 update is giving me a lot of problems. Apps freeze up, it’s slow…I hate it so far! Feels like a conspiracy to force me to upgrade a previously fine phone!
Quote:
Bob
09/30/2016
Totally agree with SCantu Maude. Don’t upgrade. Stick to the 9.3.5!
Quote:
Meesha
09/30/2016
What is this freakin’ Message logging pop up box coming up at random times when not even in use??????
Quote:
janshell
09/30/2016
Seems that sometimes out of nowhere either the network suddenly sends a barrage of notifications and no it’s not when I’m out of wifi! I get notification normally or so I think until some time later I have a succession of about 20 notifications. Last night after texting I suddenly got 5 of the same texts previously sent to me again! Good thing I have unlimited texting!
Why when I get notifications at the top of my screen I no longer can swipe up to have them removed earlier than the time out? I have wait about 7 seconds before they disappear. Imagine if I’m getting a few notifications in succession?!
Quote:
janshell
09/30/2016
By the way the battery does drain quickly and in a wierd way too! It goes from 30 to 15 quickly or even 1!
Quote:
Chris L
10/01/2016
A particular nag on 5s is periodically I loose the ability to mark reminders complete from the lock screen and must reboot.
Quote:
Pipi
10/01/2016
Horrible! Totally messed up email viewing – email content shrunk to impossible to read! How to get it back to normal phone screen viewing?
Quote:
Beth
10/01/2016
Lagging. Can’t get apps to work. Couldn’t launch a browser until I did 2 hard resets. Not a fan so far.
Quote:
Derri
10/02/2016
I was try upgrade to 10, but i downgrade again to 9. Lag, overheat, drain battery and i dont like with open slide.
Quote:
Anchor
10/02/2016
My iPhone 5 is now way slower. I’ve done a hard reset, and changed all the settings to the ones that are recommended to speed it up, but it can take up to 20 seconds to load an app (e.g. Facebook), and 3-4 seconds for it to register that i’m typing anything on the keyboard. If iOS9.x.x is working for you on an iPhone 5, don’t bother upgrading. I bought a Samsung on the weekend and it is very fast and, after getting used to Android, just as good as iOS. I’ve been an Apple owner for years, but hadn’t tried Android; now I’ve been forced into it, I might make the change permanently.
Quote:
ana paula
10/02/2015
how do you downgrade??
How to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9

The Redmond Pie website has a very helpful guide about how to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5. See the link below.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow...-9.x-tutorial/

The tutorial also induces a link to a page where you can download iOS 9.3.5 IPSW file for your particular device.

Please read carefully every step of the tutorial and don't forget to backup your iPhone before the downgrade.

How to back up your iPhone...

iCloud
  1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  2. Tap Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.
  3. Scroll down, tap Backup, and make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
  4. Tap Back Up Now. ...
  5. Make sure that the backup finished: Tap Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device.
Mr. Questionman is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
forum_admin
Forum Administrator
forum_admin's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Apple’s iOS 10 update for iPhone 5s - Do NOT update (!)

The bad news is there's no easy way to stop your iPhone from asking to update to the latest version after you downgrade. Macworld UK offers some tips and help...

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iph...rsion-3641478/

Quote:
This article is for those frustrated souls who just wish their iPhone or iPad, would stop throwing up an alert saying "Software Update" with the only options being "Install Tonight" or "Remind Me Later."

Old 10-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Unregistered

Hard to believe Apple cannot do it properly?

Are you sure YOU did it all correctly??

Old 01-10-2017, 04:28 AM   #4
Elisee
Elisee's Flag is: United States

You can try to downgrade iOS 10 from iOS 9. Remember to create a backup before downgrading.
Elisee is offline   Reply With Quote