• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgt6
    • Jan 2017
    • India

How to change the lawyer we hired?

India

Sir , plz help me ..how to change the lawyer we have hired...my uncle has been charged section 420... We hired the lawyer for bail but both the lower court and session court rejected the plea.. now the case is in high court.. this lawyer is not telling us any thing..whether hw will bring him out or not...its been 45 days since my uncle is in jail.. we want to change this lawyer sir... Plz tell me some suggestions and plz help me out with this problem...if u can give some ideas..it will be helpful...
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: How to change the lawyer we hired?

I wish to inform you that you may hire a new attorney who may represent your uncle in court. In this regard new attorney will present his Vakalatnama in court while informing about change of attorney and may then represent your uncle. After new attorney has been hired then either you or your attorney may inform old attorney regarding change of attorney.

AFF

Comment

• Indiansri71
      • Apr 2017
      • India

In India one can change his/her attorney with out information to the former attorney.

Comment

• Unregistered

When you hire the new lawyer, he or she can take care of informing the former lawyer and arranging transfer of all files etc.
        There is an ethical and even legal duty of the relieved lawyer to cooperate with the transfer.

Comment

• Unregistered

You can tell your current lawyer that you decided to change the lawyer. Then he should take care of informing a new lawyer about details of case and arranging transfer of all files etc.

If you are in New York I can recommend you a great law firm: https://www.nycriminallawyers.com/ They are real professionals in criminal law. I'm sure you will be satisfied with the result of having deal with them.

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanking you kind sirs.
            Very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt6
              India

Sir , plz help me ..how to change the lawyer we have hired...my uncle has been charged section 420... We hired the lawyer for bail but both the lower court and session court rejected the plea.. now the case is in high court.. this lawyer is not telling us any thing..whether hw will bring him out or not...its been 45 days since my uncle is in jail.. we want to change this lawyer sir... Plz tell me some suggestions and plz help me out with this problem...if u can give some ideas..it will be helpful...
              Answer here arevery on point and helpful, your advice is kind and helpful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...