Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Defa22
Defa22's Flag is: United States

Default Can we complete the divorce and do the child custody part one year later?

Can we complete the divorce and do the child custody part one year later?

Is that legally allowed?
For the next 12 months we will just keep it at every other weekend but then my ex claims he needs substantially more time as he will relocate back to our state with his job. Frankly I also don't need more legal expenses right now. It should be easier in a year.
Defa22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can we complete the divorce and do the child custody part one year later?

i wish to inform you that you may have your state laws will govern your right for divorce. Generally you may obtain divorce at present and matter regarding child custody may be determined at a later stage. You may mention that at present parties agrees for every other weekend child custody plan.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 01:46 AM   #3
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can we complete the divorce and do the child custody part one year later?

The state you are divorcing in will govern that. In TX for example it must all be done at once.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

If no party is disputing over terms regarding child custody, the parties can reach a settlement regarding custody without expending much time and money for the dispute.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote