Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #131
pixiedust91
pixiedust91's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by depressed View Post
'Wanted' slipped away with Dh5.8b from Dubai
Amira Agarib /Dubai
Filed on December 22, 2017

Most of the arrests this year occurred in July, with 1,647 wanted people's arrest, followed by 1,532 in October.
(KT File)

The international law grants the right for authorities to put up the names of those who are on the list of internationally wanted people if the amount is over $10,000 or more.
The total financial obligations of the 'wanted people' in Dubai from January to November has reached a whopping 5.8 billion, with the majority of them part of dud cheques, scams and frauds.

According to Colonel Saeed Al Ayali, director of the wanted department of criminal investigation department of the Dubai Police, one of the important achievements was the arrest of an Asian and an Arab trader who issued dud cheques worth Dh354 million and Dh350 million, respectively.

He said that 202 international arrest warrants were issued against people wanted by the UAE and 32 of them were extradited from various countries. He also said that Asian countries top in the number of wanted individuals. "The international cooperation of the UAE has achieved a big boom in recent years, and helps the prosecutions through ongoing efforts to reduce crime."

Col Al Ayali said that 223 wanted persons were arrested in the UAE in 11 months, as per the international warrant through Interpol's global website. They are wanted for murder, fraud and other cases. "Recently, the Dubai Police arrested an Asian who was charged with several murders in his home country, after 20 years of fugitive life."

He pointed out that an amount of Dh61million was handed over to the authorities concerned from other countries. "Around 62 wanted people were extradited from the UAE."

Col Al Ayali said that the arrest of wanted people in the UAE this year increased by 17.3 per cent, compared to last year's 12 per cent. He attributed the increase of arrests to the intensive campaigns. "Teams are formed at each police station to arrest the wanted people and the situation is reviewed periodically with updated data. Most of the arrests this year occurred in July, with 1,647 wanted people's arrest, followed by 1,532 in October."

One-day court success
Col Al Ayali also said that 459 case procedures were completed by the one-day court using video-conference, shortening the processing time from three days to 10 minutes, especially in financial and Shariah cases. This was done as per the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. After the success of the experiment period, the system was applied to immigration and residency issues which reduced the waiting time by 60 per cent.

He said the international law grants the right for authorities to put up the names of those who are on the list of internationally wanted people if the amount is over $10,000 or more. An arrest warrant will be issued against the person and he is arrested according to agreements signed between the countries.

Please read the above reply and advice! I am extremely depressed!

Where did you get this article?
pixiedust91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 02:24 AM   #132
depressed
depressed's Flag is: Nigeria

Default Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

KHALEEJ TIMES NEWSPAPER
depressed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2018, 02:24 AM   #133
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
'Wanted' slipped away with Dh5.8b from Dubai
Amira Agarib /Dubai
Filed on December 22, 2017

Most of the arrests this year occurred in July, with 1,647 wanted people's arrest, followed by 1,532 in October.
(KT File)

The international law grants the right for authorities to put up the names of those who are on the list of internationally wanted people if the amount is over $10,000 or more.
The total financial obligations of the 'wanted people' in Dubai from January to November has reached a whopping 5.8 billion, with the majority of them part of dud cheques, scams and frauds.

According to Colonel Saeed Al Ayali, director of the wanted department of criminal investigation department of the Dubai Police, one of the important achievements was the arrest of an Asian and an Arab trader who issued dud cheques worth Dh354 million and Dh350 million, respectively.

He said that 202 international arrest warrants were issued against people wanted by the UAE and 32 of them were extradited from various countries. He also said that Asian countries top in the number of wanted individuals. "The international cooperation of the UAE has achieved a big boom in recent years, and helps the prosecutions through ongoing efforts to reduce crime."

Col Al Ayali said that 223 wanted persons were arrested in the UAE in 11 months, as per the international warrant through Interpol's global website. They are wanted for murder, fraud and other cases. "Recently, the Dubai Police arrested an Asian who was charged with several murders in his home country, after 20 years of fugitive life."

He pointed out that an amount of Dh61million was handed over to the authorities concerned from other countries. "Around 62 wanted people were extradited from the UAE."

Col Al Ayali said that the arrest of wanted people in the UAE this year increased by 17.3 per cent, compared to last year's 12 per cent. He attributed the increase of arrests to the intensive campaigns. "Teams are formed at each police station to arrest the wanted people and the situation is reviewed periodically with updated data. Most of the arrests this year occurred in July, with 1,647 wanted people's arrest, followed by 1,532 in October."

One-day court success
Col Al Ayali also said that 459 case procedures were completed by the one-day court using video-conference, shortening the processing time from three days to 10 minutes, especially in financial and Shariah cases. This was done as per the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. After the success of the experiment period, the system was applied to immigration and residency issues which reduced the waiting time by 60 per cent.

He said the international law grants the right for authorities to put up the names of those who are on the list of internationally wanted people if the amount is over $10,000 or more. An arrest warrant will be issued against the person and he is arrested according to agreements signed between the countries.

Please read the above reply and advice! I am extremely depressed!
The amount mentioned on above says it all. That is not something as a personal debt or an unsecured lending. You dont have to be depressed if you have not done any voluntary escape with such huge amount of money which is in billions.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 02:26 AM   #134
depressed

THAT ARTICLE APPEARED IN KHALEEJ TIMES 22ND DECEMBER 2017.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #135
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I lost my job in Sep 2015. But I managed to pay my credit card dues until June 2017. Afterwards I can't pay a single penny due to unemployment. Now I plan to enter UAE on visit visa. Will the bank put a travel ban on me. Whether they can catch me from India too at the time of departure. Kindly advise me so that I can plan my trip accordingly.
They will not arrest you in India, only after you reach the UAE immigration, you would be held if there is a case against you. If at all the case had a judgement in your absence then you should be aware of the judgement before your travel. At time due to absence of the defendant for the hearing, makes the judge issue a jail term and which will not be so welcoming if you think of only a fine will be issued.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 02:28 AM   #136
depressed

YOU MEAN THAT IT APPLIES ONLY TO MORTGAGE LOANS, SECURED LOANS THAT RUN IN BILLIONS IRRESPECTIVE OF PERSONAL LOANS THAT MY GO BEYOND AED150k?

Old 03-18-2018, 02:55 AM   #137
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
YOU MEAN THAT IT APPLIES ONLY TO MORTGAGE LOANS, SECURED LOANS THAT RUN IN BILLIONS IRRESPECTIVE OF PERSONAL LOANS THAT MY GO BEYOND AED150k?
All these are hoaxes, just to scare people out there. You are just overthinking on all of this and creating unwanted panic among people who are already in stress because of the banks and the collection agencies. All they can do for such amount is file a cheque bounce case which will only be valid in the UAE and not even in any other GCC countries. Just relax and do not overthink on this.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:19 AM   #138
depressed

Smile Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
All these are hoaxes, just to scare people out there. You are just overthinking on all of this and creating unwanted panic among people who are already in stress because of the banks and the collection agencies. All they can do for such amount is file a cheque bounce case which will only be valid in the UAE and not even in any other GCC countries. Just relax and do not overthink on this.
May god bless you! Thanks for your kind advice

Old 03-18-2018, 03:26 AM   #139
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

For defaulters who are worried about getting the mandatory “GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE”

With regard to dud cheque cases, Lt. Col. Rashid bin Zabawi Al Falasi, director of the criminal investigation department (CID) of the Dubai Police, said that the person involved in the case can give a good conduct certificate after the settlement of the case. Dud cheque crimes are not considered as a serious classified crime, good conduct certificate will be issued also if the defaulter having a case has not closed the case, yet he/she provides a proof of coming across a job offer, can also apply for the same and will be considered. People who commit certain crimes will not be given good conduct certificates including involvement in murder, rape, drugs and other crimes, which are classified as serious.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #140
Unregistered

@dontyouworry Sir, I have a loan from dunia finance,sometimes my payment is delayed by 1 or 2weeks due salary issues in our company but the agent is keep on threatening me that they will file a police case because of the delayed payment eventhough I did skip my monthly payment.Can they file a police case with this problem.