Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #211
Unregistered

Default Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

I have a multiple credit cards from FBG, Mashriq & RAK and other banks ..outstanding is 180k+including interest ..i have unpaid minimum amount for less then 3 months on some banks due to some financial problem and i am getting a calls everyday from banks & threatening they will email to My HR & emailing that will take a legal action.
kindly help me to overcome this problem.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #212
Unregistered

I have a multiple credit cards from FBG, Mashriq & RAK and other banks ..outstanding is 180k+including interest ..i have unpaid minimum amount for less then 3 months on some banks due to some financial problem and i am getting a calls everyday from banks & threatening they will email to My HR & emailing that will take a legal action.Today i got call from AVP for collection from Mashreq Bank he is telling me if you don't pay today he will email to HR,My boss and i will have problem.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #213
john mark
john mark's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

I have a multiple credit cards from FBG, Mashriq & RAK and other banks ..outstanding is 180k+including interest ..i have unpaid minimum amount for less then 3 months on some banks due to some financial problem and i am getting a calls everyday from banks & threatening they will email to My HR & emailing that will take a legal action.Today i got call from AVP for collection from Mashreq Bank he is telling me if you don't pay today he will email to HR,My boss and i will have problem.

kindly help me to overcome this problem
john mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2018, 03:57 AM   #214
rdobbs2012
rdobbs2012's Flag is: United States

Here is my question FGB/FAB have agreed to restructure my payments but are arguing that I must make on payment based upon the prior payments, which is crazy seeing I need to restructure in the first place, or they will simply not go through the restructuring and cash the security check.

I told them if I had the previous payment, why would I need to restructure. They tried to claim it's UAE Central Bank rules and they state a payment of 5% of the outstanding is due. I informed them that this payment asked for was not 5% of the outstanding, they just hung up.

Advice?
rdobbs2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2018, 06:03 AM   #215
DebtManwalking
DebtManwalking's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdobbs2012 View Post
Here is my question FGB/FAB have agreed to restructure my payments but are arguing that I must make on payment based upon the prior payments, which is crazy seeing I need to restructure in the first place, or they will simply not go through the restructuring and cash the security check.

I told them if I had the previous payment, why would I need to restructure. They tried to claim it's UAE Central Bank rules and they state a payment of 5% of the outstanding is due. I informed them that this payment asked for was not 5% of the outstanding, they just hung up.

Advice?
How was the agreement done - over the phone or written? Did they agree after you had missed some payments or you requested restructuring in general....
DebtManwalking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #216
rdobbs2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebtManwalking View Post
How was the agreement done - over the phone or written? Did they agree after you had missed some payments or you requested restructuring in general....
I agreed over the phone but recorded the conversation. It was after missing payments but I had asked another rep previously who wouldn’t do anything but now this one says no problem but won’t do a restructuring unless I make a payment of 4,110 AED first. I said if the restructuring will make the payment 2,100 why do I have to pay 4,110? They claim UAE Central Bank Regulations, 5% of outstanding but I reminded this isn’t 5%, she got mad and hung up cause I caught her lie. They are snakes.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #217
rdobbs2012

I told them too I keep all emails

Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #218
rdobbs2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebtManwalking View Post
The thing I don't like is they refuse to put things in writing or give written confirmation, they don't want to give copies of documents you sign claiming it's bank property, and they always want some sort of higher payment before giving the restructuring which is foolish if you need restructuring. Like it's some sort of commission.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #219
Unregistered

kindly help me to overcome this problem

Old 06-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #220
john mark
john mark's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

what are the procedure for court in different emirates for credit cards.

I am really getting stressed about this and haven't really been able to sleep. Appreciate your feedback. Thank you
john mark is offline   Reply With Quote