Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #231
mohdsarwar
mohdsarwar's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 3 days again name still there because of 75000 cheque bounced from bank of personal Loan. Now in deep trouble . May be I will be deported from UAE or jailed.
If u paid penalty for dis 75000 dh cheque bounced den y ur name is still there? Go and ask them that u already paid penalty for this..
mohdsarwar is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #232
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdsarwar View Post
If u paid penalty for dis 75000 dh cheque bounced den y ur name is still there? Go and ask them that u already paid penalty for this..
I paid for 14000 bounced chq then another Bank on 4th day bounced 75000 chq . That's why afraid for new problem.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:49 AM   #233
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
I paid for 14000 bounced chq then another Bank on 4th day bounced 75000 chq . That's why afraid for new problem.
So this is basically a new case on you, just follow the same method to close this case as well and you will have no further issues once the fine is paid for the same.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #234
mohdsarwar
mohdsarwar's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
So this case is for another bounced cheque..dont worry close this also same like before u did for old case..in sha ALLAH everything will be alrit..how many days it took to close ur last case? U did it urself by going 2 police stattion or ur lawyer did for u?
mohdsarwar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 04:51 AM   #235
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdsarwar View Post
So this case is for another bounced cheque..dont worry close this also same like before u did for old case..in sha ALLAH everything will be alrit..how many days it took to close ur last case? U did it urself by going 2 police stattion or ur lawyer did for u?
Either ways have to give penalty . This don't u worry helped a lot .

Old 06-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #236
missmitzy01
missmitzy01's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

Hi,

Can I get an advise if I left Dubai with unpaid loan and credit card, will they hold and arrest me at the airport immigration? they will hunt me in my home country?
I saw questions posted in this forum but answered privately. Thank you in advance for the answers.
missmitzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 06:25 AM   #237
Alexa27
Alexa27's Flag is: Philippines

Hi, I am in default of my FGB credit card for 5 months now. I resigned from my job in 2014 to raise my family. But tides have changed and the businesses of my husband were losing a lot and we used the card. We also used the card to pay for my husband’s surgery because he did not renew his insurance. From 2016,, I started incurring interest and by 2017 I had penalties for delayed payments. Towards the end of 2017, I asked them if they can give me some discount from the interest and penalties but they did not accommodate me. They told me to pay the outstanding amount at that time in 18 months and instead of charging me 3.25% (i have platinum card) they will charge me 0%. I initially agreed but without signing the offer letter they sent to me. I paid the 1st installment and indeed there was no interest levied on me but I delayed for a few weeks on my 2nd installment. When I received my statement for the month, I noted that they charged me interest for the past two months. when i asked their collection agent why there was interest, he said there is no settlement in place. I told them I will not pay them anymore.

Sadly, things got from bad to worse for us. the businesses of my husband closed. The kept on calling me and on those few times I answered they harassed and threatened me. They told me they would file a case on me in Sharjah or Ras Al Khaimah to make sure that i will die in jail. I opened my card in Abu Dhabi in 2012. Can they do that?

Based from my online statements since 2013, I made total purchases of AED 320K+ and paid AED 320K+ plus for the past five years. My outstanding balance with them now is around AED 105K+ which is basically just the interest and penalties they on charged me. I asked them if they can give me a discount of 50% but they declined unless I provide them with a medical certificate. Should I just let them file a case on me and perhaps pay the fine? I understand from backreading this thread, that each Emirate has different procedures in handling bounced cheque. I cannot even remember if I give them a security cheque because I don’t have a bank account with FGB.

You’re insight will be greatly appreciated because I am so depressed.
Alexa27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #238
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Travel without any fear and try to avoid the GCC countries even as a transit. Interpol has a better job to do than chasing people with personal debts.

Hello Dontyouworry... i left dubai 2010 with a debt of 8000 on nbd .. almost 4 years i work in Bahrain and never had an issue. Couple of days ago one collection agency found me and start asking me to pay otherwise i they will file a case and be arested in Bahrain .. what to do .. please help

Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #239
Kabir_bhardwaj1
Kabir_bhardwaj1's Flag is: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Your security cheque of loan could not be used for a credit card default if only it was a bank and not a financial institution such as DUNIA or Najm, These financial institutions take from their clients a blank cheque without any details filled which they could use for any default made by the customer. We could provide you with solution for this and you can be rest assured to come out of dilemma.
Hi I was going through your threads ... I am facing similar problem abs really required a genuine solution ... I will appreciate if you can send me ur phone no or email so that I can discuss the same more properly ... thanks ankit
Kabir_bhardwaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 05:38 AM   #240
DebtManwalking
DebtManwalking's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

I suggest contact the central bank - they will take your complaint seriously tell them what has happened. Also, ask FGB/FAB to mention it in writing (4K now and then restructed payments) once you have this they cant back track and you will have something in writing to show to the central bank
DebtManwalking is offline   Reply With Quote