Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Buying and Selling Property

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question Land contract Mess - land contracting the house, lending company

Hello,
My girlfriend and myself land contracted a home on 1 acre, 540.00 a month... 20 something thousand dollars paid in over 4 years give or take.. Six months ago a lending company came out to the house and was taking pictures of the house not the property. I asked him what was he doing. He told me he has been trying to get ahold of the people we are land contracting the house from. I called the people right in front of him they answered (he had the same number but never got an answer) i handed the phone to him after a brief explanation of what was going on to the people we are land contracting from.
They started yelling at the lending company employee and hung up. I asked the lending company employee a bunch of questions none he could lawfully answer though.
Anyways this was six months ago we got scared and moved out of that property as soon as we could. We have 3 children and animals so the idea of us getting booted by the bank with winter approaching was frightening so we found a new place.
Well just yesterday the Lending Company calls me and again asks if i can get ahold of our previous landlords.
These people (the owners of the property) have since then told us they sold the place for more than we owed, we were 18 months from paying it off.
What if anything can I do? If not get some sort of refund from them, then at least stop them from doing this to anyone else.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Land contract Mess - land contracting the house, lending company

I wish to inform you that you may issue a written notice to the previous landlord. You may provide the details of the amount paid by you and the information you have received from the lender. If the previous landlord does not resolve the matter then you may file a lawsuit. You may place the evidence of all your payments before the court. You may also inform the court about your discussions with the lender searching for the previous landlord and about the fact of sale of the property by the previous landlord at a higher price. You may further inform the court about your fears for your 3 children and the animals in the winter which made you leave the property. You may request the court for award of damages for breach of faith in the contract by the previous landlord. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No