Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Car Accident Claims

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 AM   #1
Davis65
Davis65's Flag is: United States

Exclamation Do I need a lawyer?

A few weeks ago I met with an accident. No one was hurt that I know of. My vehicle was totaled and the other may have been as well. I was sitting at a light to turn left, got the green arrow and turned. A driver from the opposite way went through the intersection and hit me with enough force to spin my car around and total it. I say I had the green arrow to turn and he says he still had the green light to go through the intersection. We both received tickets and a court date. I think they will find that we are both partially at fault as I didn't see him coming. It was early in the morning and the sun was right in my face. I was focusing on the arrow and not the traffic. Will this be settled easily? Should I find an attorney to represent me at court?

Thanks,
Davis65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Unregistered

Cool Re: Do I need a lawyer?

Yes, You should.
And if you need any assistance, then I can refer you an Attorney named Mr.Bill from The Voss Law firm, PC. He can definitely help you out from this matter.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Do I need a lawyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis65 View Post
Should I find an attorney to represent me at court?
You shouldn't need to hire an attorney if you have auto liability insurance. Your insurance company will handle it.

Here's the problem.

You say you had the arrow. The other driver says he had the green. Both your statements are biased and self-serving and are a wash. The presumption for negligence is that the driver making a left turn must yield to oncoming vehicles.

You made the turn and got hit. That means you didn't yield. Had you yielded you wouldn't have gotten hit.

Add to that your admission that the sun was in your eyes and you were not paying attention to oncoming traffic makes you 100% at fault.

And it really doesn't matter how the citations turn out because the officer did not see the accident.

My professional opinion is that your insurance company will pay the other driver in full in addition to paying for your car and surcharge your policy for an at-fault accident.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You should.
And if you need any assistance, then I can refer you an Attorney named Mr.Bill from The Voss Law firm, PC. He can definitely help you out from this matter.
Go away.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case if the area is under surveillance camera you can request the police to analyze the pictures of that particular time to get into conclusion. If the other person is under fault you can claim from his insurance.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
...you can request the police to analyze the pictures of that particular time to get into conclusion.
The police will do no such thing.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #7
Betsy4
Betsy4's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
You shouldn't need to hire an attorney if you have auto liability insurance. Your insurance company will handle it.

Here's the problem.

You say you had the arrow. The other driver says he had the green. Both your statements are biased and self-serving and are a wash. The presumption for negligence is that the driver making a left turn must yield to oncoming vehicles.

You made the turn and got hit. That means you didn't yield. Had you yielded you wouldn't have gotten hit.

Add to that your admission that the sun was in your eyes and you were not paying attention to oncoming traffic makes you 100% at fault.

And it really doesn't matter how the citations turn out because the officer did not see the accident.

My professional opinion is that your insurance company will pay the other driver in full in addition to paying for your car and surcharge your policy for an at-fault accident.

Good answer!!
Betsy4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy4 View Post
Good answer!!
Tell us something we don't know.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:48 AM   #9
Danieltaylor
Danieltaylor's Flag is: United States

If your car is totaled then you maybe owe more than it’s worth. You file a claim with your auto insurance company and your auto insurance company will write a check to your finance company for the ACV of your vehicle. One can get the GAP insurance at the time of purchasing your vehicle from the dealership. If you don't have the GAP then you may also be able to contact your finance company and figure out an alternative payment arrangement. If you are dealing with the insurance company for the driver who caused the accident, your only option would be to file a lawsuit.
Danieltaylor is offline   Reply With Quote