USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Wage garnishment? How can I fight this without filing bankruptcy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macisme

Wage garnishment? How can I fight this without filing bankruptcy?

We have settled this case in court 2x for payments to be made on a pos auto that we returned to a car lot that refused to honor our bumper to bumper warranty. The financing company said they would go after the car lot and not us. That obviously didn't happen and we went and settled in court for $25.00 a month payment till $2600.00 was paid off. Well I got a new job title and they automatically assumed that I made more money and wanted more. I cannot afford more due to my current payments on my house and car and not to mention taking care of my child and my other bills, electric, gas, water, and student loans. I recieved a letter from my works payroll department saying 25% of my check was being sent to this financing company even though I have been making my agreed upon payments on time every month. How can I fight this without filing bankruptcy? Not to mention I tried to refinance my house to pay this off in full and the woman that works for the financing company as their secratary told the refinancing company that I owed 4,000 more then I really do. This prevented me from refinancing my house and being able to pay off this debt. Is it legal for her to falsely give another ammount like that to prevent me from a refinance? I can have the refinancing agent I worked with vouche that the woman said I owed them over 6k insted of almost right at 2k.
  • Unregistered

You may sue them in small claims court if they violated an agreement that they made with you. Try to make sure all future agreements with them, if any, are in writing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...