Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > Elder Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
Cach55
Cach55's Flag is: United States

Default Father has dementia and has accused me of elder abuse

My father has dementia and has accused me of elder abuse.
there is none but i spoke to aps and they told not take any money from him in the future but im afraid he may have paid one of my bills without my knowledge ( he is attention seeking ).

aps has submitted nothing to me in writing as i have requested but a verbal warning.
is this legal for them to threaten me with arrest if my father persists in causing me endless drama with aps and how do i defend myself.
Cach55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Father has dementia and has accused me of elder abuse

I wish to inform you that Adult Protective Services (APS) is a social services program provided by state and/or local governments nationwide serving older adults and adults with disabilities who are in need of assistance. APS workers investigate cases of abuse, neglect or exploitation, working closely with a wide variety of allied professionals such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, firefighters and law enforcement officers. On receiving a report, it is investigated by an APS worker. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 04:54 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Father has dementia and has accused me of elder abuse

You may need to visit only with a friend, family member, witness or nurses aid.
Dementia patients can sometimes have dark behaviors and can feel paranoid and when that happens you often need to document everything and have other witnesses available.