Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Injury and Worker's Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
shaft

Re: Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

Seems that many of these, appropriately disgruntled,

injured persons have the basic request of or for reasonable

and\or decent response to WCB injury claims.

What i cannot uncover is some access to an ombudsman

or, perhaps, class action counsel contact information.

Surprized i am, as it seems obvious the huge numbers

of unhappy claimants - must be in the thousands over the

many years,

Has anyone, at any time found a sympathetic ear,

or, in the alternative some official looking into these

unresolved issues. That is. before claimants expire?
shaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft View Post
Seems that many of these, appropriately disgruntled,

injured persons have the basic request of or for reasonable

and\or decent response to WCB injury claims.

What i cannot uncover is some access to an ombudsman

or, perhaps, class action counsel contact information.

Surprized i am, as it seems obvious the huge numbers
of unhappy claimants - must be in the thousands over the

many years,

Has anyone, at any time found a sympathetic ear,
or, in the alternative some official looking into these
unresolved issues. That is. before claimants expire?

I'm only just starting this nightmare, I was accidentally electrocuted and thrown about 8'.
I went to my physician who sent me to emerg with a letter, emerg discharged me with orders to a nuero clinic to see me sighing 4 days, the nuero clinic called the next day for more details on my symptoms (my hand is numb, kidneys are filtering the damage on the inside, I'm kinda spacey and vomiting) between that and them calling with a time WCB called I told her I was getting the Ppointment at foothills that day and updated her......ten minutes after that call I get a call from the nuero clinic that they can't see me because it's WCB and their doctors won't be approved and that they are sorry. I called the WCB lady back she says "that's not what I said" then I go three their channels still feeling like crap and saw their "assessment" person today (6days later) she says you need a neurologist asap...duh or get back to emerg asap.... So I called my HR, they gave me a long talk on how this is a process (oh I was told if I didnt see their assessment ppl I would be denied) I told my HR to tell this lady at WCB to call the nuero clinic and eat crow so I can get in...asap as their own referral says this is regent.
WCB chock calls leaves me a message tht she has made an appointment for me to go to another "assessment" so I can see a nudie!!! WTF, I'm at home with an arm I can barely feel I vomit at random and have a hard time completing a thought. What did I do wrong?
I'm actually sitting here debating an ambulance cause I feel so crappy but I'm so scared of being denied everything because of WCB. I could have seen someone already and been on my way back to work, how does this he?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
wcbvictim

Default Re: Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

I made a facebook page just add me as a friend the name is WCB Victim leave your story and advice!
wcbvictim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
2001Kid

Ah the WCB bullies. I too am an injured worker from 2003. After fighting hard for years, losing everything I worked for and not being able to work due to a spinal cord injury - I gave up. I am not expired - or dead as you may want to say but I might as well be. Laying in bed day in and day out because I can not walk or say vertical is not living. I wish you luck. I have never been able to get what is rightfully mine due to falling off a 30 foot catwalk at work. I was even avoided by medical professionals because they do not want to get involved with an injured worker. SAD really - it is all over the world. It should not be - it should not exist but it does and it is a legalized crime against humanity
2001Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #25
ricko72

WCB THE 666 OF OUR SOCITY.They say there is a heaven and hell, if your a injured worker and being bullied by WCB,thats hell, i can't imagen anywhere worse and thats where they all belong.I have suffered an injury at work going on 4 yrs.My accadent left me with a 80% loss of use in right arm,constant numbness,thumb and fingers lock up all the time,and constant swelling,thats after two surgeries(my surgon is awsome,i was alot worse),my spine is crooked(wcb refused anymore testing on that),my right leg goes numb & i walk with a limp. I take enought meds everyday to kill a camel.The demons(the company) & the devil (WCB) will spend thousands of injured workers dollars to prove we are faking our injuries.I lost everything, my career,my job and my life,i cant do 90% of what i used to. what i owned i had to sell, at thousands below what they were worth.You absolutly can not find a lawyer anywhere in canada to go up against the devil (WCB) & the demons(company).Where is our justice system.I found an interesting article THE JLS REPORT it sheds a lot of light on THE DEMONS & THE DEVIL. I was in a treatment program where i was getting the best physio i ever had & when my theripest sided with me,three days later my treatment ended, off to a new program at a different place again.And try to stand up for your rights when pushed to your physical limit,what a fight. I applaude patric clayton for he done, i think he is a hero.To look into the faces of the people that destroyed his life and knowing he is going to jail and didnt hurt anyone,or is he a criminal genius,roof over his head,three meals a day,better then living under a bridge, its sad that wcb drove him to take that road. I think its time we start making some noise, i started hand out copies of the JLS report to everyone i meet that will listen, leave them on coffee shop tables,anywhere i can. i'm only 1 voice but together we can make 1 loud voice.Myself i have nothing left to lose.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
ricko72

the JLS report wcb employee's hired to commit fraud

Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko72 View Post
WCB THE 666 OF OUR SOCITY.They say there is a heaven and hell, if your a injured worker and being bullied by WCB,thats hell, i can't imagen anywhere worse and thats where they all belong.I have suffered an injury at work going on 4 yrs.My accadent left me with a 80% loss of use in right arm,constant numbness,thumb and fingers lock up all the time,and constant swelling,thats after two surgeries(my surgon is awsome,i was alot worse),my spine is crooked(wcb refused anymore testing on that),my right leg goes numb & i walk with a limp. I take enought meds everyday to kill a camel.The demons(the company) & the devil (WCB) will spend thousands of injured workers dollars to prove we are faking our injuries.I lost everything, my career,my job and my life,i cant do 90% of what i used to. what i owned i had to sell, at thousands below what they were worth.You absolutly can not find a lawyer anywhere in canada to go up against the devil (WCB) & the demons(company).Where is our justice system.I found an interesting article THE JLS REPORT it sheds a lot of light on THE DEMONS & THE DEVIL. I was in a treatment program where i was getting the best physio i ever had & when my theripest sided with me,three days later my treatment ended, off to a new program at a different place again.And try to stand up for your rights when pushed to your physical limit,what a fight. I applaude patric clayton for he done, i think he is a hero.To look into the faces of the people that destroyed his life and knowing he is going to jail and didnt hurt anyone,or is he a criminal genius,roof over his head,three meals a day,better then living under a bridge, its sad that wcb drove him to take that road. I think its time we start making some noise, i started hand out copies of the JLS report to everyone i meet that will listen, leave them on coffee shop tables,anywhere i can. i'm only 1 voice but together we can make 1 loud voice.Myself i have nothing left to lose.
I'd like to chat with someone about the wrong-doings of WCB as I have just been 'cut off' my physio treatment when I have refused to go back to work. My employer signed a modified contract and isn't abiding by it and I'M the one being told I'm being unreasonable!
I had back surgery just 5 months ago and they want me standing for hours when I can't even tolerate standing for 5 minutes to do simple things such as prepare supper for my son and I!
I have a case manager that's nothing more than a 'bull in a china shop' and have been told by two other employees that she's been there for too many years and needs to retire..
At my wit's end!!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
bhudda

Talking Re: Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

My story is similar, but the difference is that I'm a Union Member, and in my case have a Third Party Contractor, giving me a Site Ban, so this negated obligation, by my employer, siting they had no choice in the matter, as their Contractor, just informed them that they wanted me removed from Camp.

My Union has washed their hands of the matter, stating they don't have a Collective Agreement, with the Third Party Contractor. In essence had free range of removing form Camp, and WCB now states, that the Company informed them, that I refused Modified Duties as a result, loosing out on Lost Wages.

I now believe that this was a Collaboration, between my Union, my Employer, and the Third Party, to find a way to get me out of Camp, as my medical issues were becoming a factor in the efficiency of the every day operations of their facility.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
Dave Ward

I would give you a great deal of any compensation to see justice done. The way they laughed at me and tried to have me crawling around. I do not know the relationship of the foreign doctors who I was forced to see, but all had sudden changes of diagnosis and my physiotherapist recommendations were ignored and transferred suddenly. The doctor put me on a "Z" drug in the same category as L.S.D...I took it once and had enough and took all the drugs I had for the drugs for the drugs I was on back and shoved them across the desk to the doctor and left. Suspiciously the WCB. phoned 3 times asking the same questions the day after the doctor gave me the psychedelic drug. When I went for an evaluation to Edmonton the doctor said I had some weird disease and when I went home I found it was a bone disease that was invented for a horror movie and did not exist. I refused to bow down and held my head high, life is too short to allow a bad shoulder to take ones life away. I was paralysed on my left side and could not get an answer from the physiotherapist on whether to rest my arm or to push it hard to regain it's strength. I am left handed and could not wipe myself or do up my pants or my fly. I refused to hobble and my poor wife took it like the great woman she is.I hate what they did to my family and to me. Admittedly it had a bend as it took awhile for the inflammation to set in and the company I worked for admitted to my reporting it but had pressured to get rid of me because of it and the lie they told me to hire me to cover for an employee going for holidays. I specifically told them I had another full time job but they said it was full time and it was not. But this is not about revenge for that, it is about an honest claim and years long struggle to expose their mafia-like tactics and to show the cheats and liars they are.my claim number was567-9451 lets show justice can prevail. Thank you..1-780-766-3858

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #30
Unregistered

Cool Re: Wronged by WCB ALBERTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirmeg@html View Post
Hi
I too have been wronged by them.In fact I refused to sign a medical consent authorizing them to treat me,they did anyway and injured me further.I ended up in the hospital for 10 days,on morphine for 4 years and finally had a failed spinal fusion.Despite the obviuus illegal practices by them ,you will not find a lawyer in Canada to fight them.Why? because they are 3rd party owned by the government,as are the cowardly crooked lawyers.Your best bet maybe to jump on a class action lawsuit filed by an honest lawyer who is not afraid to practice real law.Not K.K.K. law!!I am looking to join or form such a group to prepare to take on the crooked government.This will take some time but in the long run it will be greatly worth it.Can you imagine the looks on their crooked faces when they fall?We will be finally be able to see the quacks and their puppets dance for us face to face.I hope their lawyers know the law to a T.
Research further. Wcb is globally. Ex. Run a test run Wcb through NewZeland. Wcb is happy with test run; Americas or the Brits or Europe will adopt it. Research the Net. I found it. This problem is Globally. Same as it was in the days of Dukes & Lower common folk days.