Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
imissmycar

Default wronged in south carolina; what kind of legal action i can take against my mom?

well i need to know what kind of legal action i can take against my mom. i was repeatedly threatened by her with suicide when i tried to leave. i finnaly got to my dads and my mom sold the car she gave me for christmas she has the title but i was listed as the main driver in the insurance. she herself did not pay for the car though, she is currently in a relationship with her lawyer that is providing her with cash while also handling a lawsuit she is engaged in. (i have multiple text messages of her promising the car to me then selling it the day i got my restricted) i also have proof of her relationship with her lawyer while she is still legally married to my dad and is going through divorcing him. can i do anything to get a lawsuit?
imissmycar is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: wronged in south carolina; what kind of legal action i can take against my mom?

I wish to inform you that you may inform law enforcement agency that your mother is threatening to do suicide. Further as regard the relation between lawyer and your mother you may not take any action. As both the persons are not married thus no law has been violated. This fact however will be taken into consideration when court will award child custody. Court consider best interest of child and thus in custody matters your best interest and your wishes will be given due weight age.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Default re: wronged in south carolina; what kind of legal action i can take against my mom?

1. The car was legally hers, regardless of who is paying for it.
2. She's an adult, if she chooses to have an affair that's on her.
3. I'm sure if you REALLY thought she was suicidal you would have taken action.

What exactly are you suing her for?? Grow up. Get a job, buy your own car.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: wronged in south carolina; what kind of legal action i can take against my mom?

Amen! Goddess said it all, and succinctly.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: wronged in south carolina; what kind of legal action i can take against my mom?

In this you can’t take any legal action against your mom for any of the reasons mentioned in the question. It is better to find out what was the main reason which disturbs the relationship between you and your mom, try to solve the problem rather than ran out from it.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
sunlover
Top Level Member

Anyone may sue anyone at anytime for anything! The trick is winning. You also need to show damages. Now I understand lost of car might be considered "damages" however as earlier stated she was "legal" owner. You might seek to mend your relationship with Mom rather than damage it further by taking legal action. the site below is a forum for relationship issues that might help you resolve your issues with Mom

Parent Nook Forums • Index page
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote