Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues > Credit Cards, Banking, Securities

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
kitew
kitew's Flag is: Philippines

Default SABB Unpaid Credit Card

Hello everyone, i have found this forum to be very helpful and informative. I would just like to seek info regarding my case. I left Saudi Arabia on 2006 due to some illness. I have an outstanding balance of 4k SR from my credit card. Recently i received a call from Enzi Corporation regarding my old dues which blown to 27k SAR and i was asked to pay it immediately otherwise i can be sued and be put in jail here in Manila. I made a promise to pay the debt 10k Pesos every month as this is the only way i know to repay them, but when i went to BPI and BDO they did not accept my payment since they were looking for credit card statement or any proof why i am transferring money to SABB. I have asked ENZI but they told me that Saudi British Bank does not keep copies of the statement giving me the option to send the amount to ENZI corp and they will transfer the amount to SABB directly.

Is there any way that i can get a copy of the statement so i can pay my debt direct to them? I even emailed the bank but received no reply. Or do you have any idea if the blown amount can still be reduced?

Thank you in advance. God speed.
kitew is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: SABB Unpaid Credit Card

I wish to inform you that Article 1144 of the New Civil Code of the Philippines will have jurisdiction in this matter. The statute of limitations upon a written contract or judgment is 10 years. Further, the prohibition against imprisonment for a debt is a basic right enshrined in no less than the Constitution (Article III) as highlighted in the case of Lozano vs. Martinez, unless fraud is involved. A Money Judgment from the Court in Saudi Arabia (if any) will have to be filed in the Court in Philippines having jurisdiction over you under the principle of comity for recognition and enforcement. This is a complex process. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
kitew
kitew's Flag is: Philippines

Hello Affa i already seek guidance of a lawyer. thank you
kitew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 03:40 AM   #4
Unregistered

Did you pay? What was the reply of ENZI?