Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues > Indian Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
saint

Default Credit Card default (BILKISH ASSOCIATES)

I was compelled to leave dubai in 2006 when i visited the bank to explain reason they bluntly said if do not pay my credit card balance i will be thrown into jail, due to stress and fear i left dubai making the minimum due. Now I am in bahrain and a company named BILKISH ASSOCIATES in sri lanka traced me and they have harassed my family making threats they have now called me as well and demanded for full payment. I requested for the statements but they they started saying that since it is almost 8-years that might be difficult i then asked them to get the bank to contact me My question is can the dubai bank charge me and get me arrested in bahrain can they deport or jail me. Can BILKISH ASSOCIATES get me arrested in Bahrain please advise I am worried sick,
saint is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Credit Card default (BILKISH ASSOCIATES)

I wish to inform you that if the bank has reported the matter to law enforcement after your security cheque has bounced, then the court in Dubai may have issued a warrant for your arrest. If the warrant has been issued and Dunbai police have passed it on to the authorities in Bahrain then you may be arrested in Bahrain. However, if no warrant has been issued by the court in Dubai then you may not be arrested in Bahrain for debt default in Dubai in 2006.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
Unregistered

I was also put into same situation just want to know till how much amount outstanding the bank can go
To court I mean the minimum amount need to be qualify for GCC arrest. If they arrest in other country other than Dubai will the judgement will be done in the country where the person is arrested or they will be brought to Dubai for judgement

Old 03-12-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Credit Card default (BILKISH ASSOCIATES)

As per UAE Penal Code, any individual who writes a cheque with insufficient funds - causing the same to bounce - can face imprisonment of one month to three years, or a fine of a minimum of Dh1, 000. If the Bank approached the Court and Court has issued a warrant against you, then you can be arrested in Bahrain since it falls under the category of GCC countries. If the amount is minimal, then the GCC countries may not communicate with regard to the credit card default. But if the amount is huge, the things can happen vice versa. Also, in this regard, if the person leaves UAE with default in credit card then bank may institute legal proceedings and even a Red Corner Notice may be issued against the person which will make your transit difficult.

However, it is better advised that you may consult with an Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2014, 04:24 AM   #5
Unregistered

Re: Credit Card default (BILKISH ASSOCIATES)

i was in working saudi,last year i resigned from my co. N left the country i spend almost 3000SR cc in that country n now this bilkish agency has trace me in india n they sent one mail which i replied to know my outstanding balance they said i have to pay 5000sr.is it possible to take any legal action against me in my home country?n if i wish to pay also what would be the mode of payments??

Old 04-27-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
Unregistered

ignore Bilkish or any collection agent. They have no legal jurisdiction.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #7
honey924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i was in working saudi,last year i resigned from my co. N left the country i spend almost 3000SR cc in that country n now this bilkish agency has trace me in india n they sent one mail which i replied to know my outstanding balance they said i have to pay 5000sr.is it possible to take any legal action against me in my home country?n if i wish to pay also what would be the mode of payments??
No. Just ignore them.
honey924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2014, 01:29 AM   #8
annuri

My brother was in working saudi, he resigned and left the country in 2010. As soon as his arrival in India, due to some financial crises he spend almost 16000SR cc in India and unable to pay the same.Now last week this bilkish agency has traced him in india and they called him to pay the outstanding balance and they said that if he don't pay they will take legal action against him. Due to this situation, we are all very much tensed becoz my parents are old they both are suffering from Heart disease and he is not in a position to pay the amount at present. He is even thinking to do suicide! Please let me know is it possible that can Bilkish associates take any legal action against him in my home country?and if i so, what precautions do we have to take or what is solution to solve this problem??
annuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by annuri View Post
My brother was in working saudi, he resigned and left the country in 2010. As soon as his arrival in India, due to some financial crises he spend almost 16000SR cc in India and unable to pay the same.Now last week this bilkish agency has traced him in india and they called him to pay the outstanding balance and they said that if he don't pay they will take legal action against him. Due to this situation, we are all very much tensed becoz my parents are old they both are suffering from Heart disease and he is not in a position to pay the amount at present. He is even thinking to do suicide! Please let me know is it possible that can Bilkish associates take any legal action against him in my home country?and if i so, what precautions do we have to take or what is solution to solve this problem??
Dear friend. Bilkish is a collection agency which takes advantage to the situation of harassing the defaulters and make them their 'milking cow'. You are safe if you are in your home country hence the cc terms and conditions is governed by Saudi law only. Tell your brother to declare a personal bankrupcy and has no means to pay his liability. Inform Bilkish that your brother will get in touch with the bank directly once he will get a chance to accumulate the amount. The logic here is simple, 'you pay whom you owe' right? Your brother did not owe anything from Bilkish so they do not have the right to ask a payment from your brother. If Bilkish insists, then ask the collector to send you the copy of the cc application (which I doubt they have) and ask them on which clause the bank allows Bilkish to collect money in the bank's behalf. If the collector is also from your place and harrass you continuously, alarm the police and file a case against them. Hope this helps.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #10
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Credit Card default (BILKISH ASSOCIATES)

I have seen all post, can't understand why we are looking for way out legal or illegal to hold banks money. I mean to say if you got a loan from the bank it is your moral obligation to pay it back, if a collection agency is asking you to do so whats wrong with it, dont care who is saying listen to what is he saying. So my dear you should pay if you are not satisfied from a collection agency you can contact your bank directly and get due concession and payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .