USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

How do I refute unreasonable child visitation demands from the child's father?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Downwithdaddy
    • Mar 2014

How do I refute unreasonable child visitation demands from the child's father?

My Ex (we were never married) is taking me to court over extremely unreasonable visitation requests. This issue has less to do with visitation than it does his ability to "bully" and control me.

I also need to request a change in the judge I was assigned. He seems very "Pro-Daddy" to me and I don't think I'll get a fair shake.

How do I defend myself against these outrageous, unreasonable visitation requests? The judge said for me to "get my witnesses and subpoena them if necessary. What kind of witnesses? I just don't understand what's happening.

Don't get me wrong, I want his father in my child's life but I don't want him in mine! Just want something reasonable we can both live with.

Any advice anyone can give me would be so greatly appreciated. I feel like a lamb entering the lion's den.

PLEASE HELP!
  • Friend In Court
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Apr 2011
    • United States

Re: How do I refute unreasonable child visitation demands from the child's father?

Originally posted by Downwithdaddy
    My Ex (we were never married) is taking me to court over extremely unreasonable visitation requests. This issue has less to do with visitation than it does his ability to "bully" and control me.

I also need to request a change in the judge I was assigned. He seems very "Pro-Daddy" to me and I don't think I'll get a fair shake.

How do I defend myself against these outrageous, unreasonable visitation requests? The judge said for me to "get my witnesses and subpoena them if necessary. What kind of witnesses? I just don't understand what's happening.

Don't get me wrong, I want his father in my child's life but I don't want him in mine! Just want something reasonable we can both live with.

Any advice anyone can give me would be so greatly appreciated. I feel like a lamb entering the lion's den.

PLEASE HELP!
    Since there are no specifics about the type of requests he is making, I have no clue how to answer. You must have made some allegations that the judge thinks others can support to prompt his statement.

If you could elaborate with some specifics about the type of requests, then perhaps someone could give some input.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

Re: How do I refute unreasonable child visitation demands from the child's father?

I wish to inform you that you may first approach the other party to agree to a change of the Judge. If that is not possible then you may file a Motion for the Judge to recuse. You will have to support your request with reasons. The Court may accept or reject your request. Further, the Court always considers the best interests of the child. You may show to the Court why the visitation order proposed by the other party is not in the best interests of the child.

AFF

Comment

• Friend In Court
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Apr 2011
        • United States

Originally posted by AFFA
        I wish to inform you that you may first approach the other party to agree to a change of the Judge. If that is not possible then you may file a Motion for the Judge to recuse. You will have to support your request with reasons. The Court may accept or reject your request. Further, the Court always considers the best interests of the child. You may show to the Court why the visitation order proposed by the other party is not in the best interests of the child.

AFF
        Once a party has appeared before a judge, it is very, very hard -- almost impossible to get a change of judge. One would have to show very narrow reasons, precedent in their state, for a judge to recuse himself. Unless one can Sheparize the law on recusal and extract the facts clearly in the record, it is far better to adjust one's presentation to the court to what the judge wants to see.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...