Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
ann1980

Default Credit card debt in UAE - (Bilkish is chasing me for the debt)

Hello good Day!

I have previously worked in UAE... and before I left the country I have left an outstanding bal with my Barclays credit card.

I am back in the Philippines and Bilkish is chasing me for the debt, with my current situation I cannot afford to pay the outstanding bal. What is the best thing to do.

thanks
ann1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Credit card debt in UAE - (Bilkish is chasing me for the debt)

I wish to inform you that presently it appears that Extradition Treaty between UAE and Philippines is pending ratification, therefore, you are not likely to be extradited to UAE from Philippines for credit card default. Further, a foreign money judgment from UAE needs to be filed in a Court in the Philippines for recognition and enforcement. Philippines considers comity of laws an additional factor. You may inform the debt collector that there is no judgment in Philippines presently which may be collected from you.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Credit card debt in UAE - (Bilkish is chasing me for the debt)

Dear All - Is it possible the creditors agencies like Bilkish authorise to file a case without any documents that your liability still unpaid? still working though, i have unpaid credit card that time to time I manage to repay in a minimum amount, but this agencies kept on calling me and harassing me, even in our office. Seemingly, bothering me nor mentally torturing me. please advice.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:03 AM   #4
marijoliamohd

Do not entertain them as they can not file any case to you and no UAE law can be enforced here. Tell them you were advised by ur lawyer not to talk to them and be firm to show them u are not afraid of their threats coz if u do they will just harrass you more. Tell them u will call the police for harrassing you. I used to be like you but after consulting a lawyer and did all these to them,they stopped bothering me. I dont have any money anyway so.i cant pay the bank yet, if i do i wll contact the bank directly instead. But for now if u cant pay yet just do this.
marijoliamohd is offline   Reply With Quote