•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginsing
    • May 2017
    • United States

Designer purse from China legal?

Is ordering a designer purse from China legal?

The price is abut half of what it sells for in the US stores.
    The web site seems legit and they are also listed on Alibaba.

Is it ok to order it?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Designer purse from China legal?

Is it the same manufacturer of the purses that are sold in the US. If yes, then there is no problem ordering it.

If it's a knock-off or forgery, then avoid it.

Comment

• lynn49

There is NO firm selling designer items at half price out of China that is legit.
      If those items could be sold at such great discounts from China then everybody would buy it there.

Comment

• adjusterjack
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • May 2016

Originally posted by lynn49
        There is NO firm selling designer items at half price out of China that is legit.
        Well, that might be true, but it might not.

I bought a brand new motherboard for $60 from China when the same motherboard would have cost me over $100 had I bought it from a US vendor.

If those items could be sold at such great discounts from China then everybody would buy it there.
        Given the American desire for instant gratification, not many would want to wait the month that it takes to get a delivery from China when they can get overnight delivery from a US seller.

It took a month for me to get my motherboard but it was for a project that I was able to sideline while I waited.

Comment

• AnnP
          • Jan 2017
          • United States

I ordered a Gucci from China for 20% of the US retail price and it was NOT real when it arrived.

I had it appraised and it was clearly not real.
          I don't think any such designer good there is ever real if available through mail.

Comment

• Lexus
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2010
            • United States

Legally there is no issue for ordering the designer purse from China. But you should confirm the quality and returning policy of the site if the products seems to be poor quality than what is advertised.

Comment

• adjusterjack
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Lexus
              Legally there is no issue for ordering the designer purse from China. But you should confirm the quality and returning policy of the site if the products seems to be poor quality than what is advertised.
              Good luck returning anything to China.

Best to use a credit card and do a chargeback if the item turns out to be fake.

Comment

• Unregistered

Most of those "fake goods" sites will not even let you use a credit card -- and that should be red flag!

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Most of those "fake goods" sites will not even let you use a credit card -- and that should be red flag!
                  So true and DO not use a wire transfer or even worse Western Union. You will never see the goods or your money again.

make sure you are protected one way or another when paying.

Comment

Yeah that has been my experience after ten years in the business.

Comment

• Sahel
                      • Sep 2021
                      • United States

I don't bother and usually order everything on the websites of Britain or the USA. I am sure of them for sure and always know that in case of an unsuitable product, I can exchange it and negotiate with the seller. Communication with the Chinese is very difficult and they almost always do their work irresponsibly. I buy backpacks quite often. I am comfortable with them both in the city and during the trip. I searched for a long time where they can be ordered of good quality and at a good price and found a website https://backpacks.global/compare/type/sports-backpack/.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...