Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues > Credit Cards, Banking, Securities

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2018, 03:34 AM   #341
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Not answering calls or replying their emails would make then file a case against you by bouncing the cheque and this would be good for you as you can close the case with a court fine.
as I research in the internate , while we are getting Loan let us sign a blank cheque if you dnt hv enough money in bank they will put a amount in the cheque and it will bounce . Bouncing a cheque is criminal law . For that if you have less than 50000 Loan remaining the court fine you 2000 dr and 1 month prison more or less. After that they also can life a civil case for nt paying the loan if dnt pay the loan again they will put you in prison for this no period of time mentioned in the internate plzzz tell me if any one know . All research are in the base on internate you guys all can research but it’s quite confusing course they have old and new law as well .

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #342
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as I research in the internate , while we are getting Loan let us sign a blank cheque if you dnt hv enough money in bank they will put a amount in the cheque and it will bounce . Bouncing a cheque is criminal law . For that if you have less than 50000 Loan remaining the court fine you 2000 dr and 1 month prison more or less. After that they also can life a civil case for nt paying the loan if dnt pay the loan again they will put you in prison for this no period of time mentioned in the internate plzzz tell me if any one know . All research are in the base on internate you guys all can research but it’s quite confusing course they have old and new law as well .
What you are talking about is a civil claim and it isn’t easy to file one and the expenses which incur to file a civil case is quite high, thus only for cheques of higher amount of 300k AED will be filed that also is subject to the plaintiff.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #343
Farooq3224
Farooq3224's Flag is: India

Default Re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

I have a unpaid loan in al ghanim Kuwait of 200kd 3 years back I exited Kuwait but Didn’t clear the due can I travel to Saudi Arabia or any other gcc country
Farooq3224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #344
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq3224 View Post
I have a unpaid loan in al ghanim Kuwait of 200kd 3 years back I exited Kuwait but Didn’t clear the due can I travel to Saudi Arabia or any other gcc country
No, if you do you will hang by the neck.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #345
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey i have a ver important question. I've been in dubai for 1year i recently got terminated and have 2 credit cards with different banks owing 22k in total. Ive made the last monthly payments from my saving because i didn't want interest to pile up our them to harass me.its been a month and i still haven't found a job and i want to leave back to USA but I'm scared of getting stopped by immigration at the airport and get arrested for my debt....what should i do and is that possible eve ntho the bank hasn't filed a case against me since I've paid the last month? PLEASE HELP!!!
Hi I have the same issue as my visa is canceled but I have paid my loan and minimum payments in cr card can I leave the Dubai . What happened in your case . Please someone tell me with same experience.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #346
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Hi I have the same issue as my visa is canceled but I have paid my loan and minimum payments in cr card can I leave the Dubai . What happened in your case . Please someone tell me with same experience.
If your payments are on track every month without any current default then no matter if you are exiting by canceling your visa, you will not be held at the immigration. For any other queries on the same you can email us go contact@uaedebtsolutions.com
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #347
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by surenskie View Post
I am facing the same problem. I am financially broke and could not be able to pay my credit cards from FGB, NAJM, DUNIA and CITI Bank. I am in 2 months default with the 3 cards and my NAJM I have paid 500 instead of 750 min. and they are sending me an email that they are filing a police case and travel ban for just 250aed balance? what the heck! Now, I am not going to pay anymore and I will just wait for the police case from these banks...
Travel ban can not be imposed if amount is less the 10 thousand.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #348
wolverine
wolverine's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
No, if you do you will hang by the neck.
they did not chase you in your home country?
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #349
wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq3224 View Post
they did not chase you in your home country?

Old 08-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #350
wolverine

Quote:
yes you can. i experienced this. i resigned and join company in qatar. but i continue paying my monthly dues when im in qatar. i visited dubai as tourist. bank never hold me in airport.