Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

My husband has an Mercedes E350 with high performance Continental tires and has gone through tires and alloy wheels constantly since getting this vehicle. This has never happend to us with any other car. He has replaced the tires 3 or 4 times and the alloy rims twice in less than 2 years. I was told by MB technicians and reps that the high performance tires get bulges and the alloy wheels bend if you hit any pot holes and they were not covered under warranty. They explained that MB weighs 1500 pounds more than a normal car and that\'s why there are so many bulges and bent rims with the tires. I was told that everyone has the same problems and the drivers assistance program mechanics told me that is what they spend 99% of their day doing was tires.

I can not believe that the tires they sell do not support the car and that any pot holes would cause such issues. I also will say that we have never had problems driving in this area before and what they claim to be a pothole is normal driving for the east coast and more like ruts in the road.

I think these tires are dangerous and should not be being used on this vehicle because they could easily blow out and I feel it\'s dangerous and don\'t like to drive this vehicle any longer. Shouldn\'t tires be sold with a vehicle that will support the car and normal driving conditions of the area?

Anyone know of a lawsuit against MB or if we have a case for lemon laws?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Merceded Benz Tires don't support vehicle

Not aware here but also contact your state attorney general's office and file a complaint--and perhaps with the Federal Trade Commission as well. If others have filed they will inform you too.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Unregistered

I have the same problem. I just replaced all for wheels on my E350 sport. It was not covered under any warranty. The car is 8 months old with 10,000 miles. The tires are fine but the wheels are bent, it is a definate defect that Mercedes won't take resposibility for.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Unregistered

hmmm..if that happens a lot there could a class suit

Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
daleod1

Please let me know where you are going to file since I have the same problem. I had the car 3 months and already have a bent rim and bubbled tire. It is costing me almost $700 to replace. This is ridiculous!
daleod1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Unregistered

I have the same issue...replaced (4) tires in 1 month! Any luck with the law suites yet? Damage = $1000

Old 05-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Unregistered

I have an 2007 E-350 and have had similiar problems. 3 tires were replaced due to pot holes. After servicing the vehicle, last month, I heard a noise in the front end. I went back to the dealership and they are now telling me that there's $2,000 in damages underneath the car that is not under warranty. Someone please guide me because I''m about to "explode".

Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
robert yeatts

I TO HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. 2007 E-350 SPORT. ONLY 26,000 MILES AND THE TREAD STARTED TO SEPARATE ON TWO TIRES. CARRIED IT TO THE TIRE STORE AND AFTER INSPECTION THEY SHOWED ME THAT ON ALL 4 TIRES THE INSIDE SIDEWALLS WERE SPLITTING AND DUE TO BLOW OUT AT ANYTIME. TO LOOK NORMALLY AT THE TIRES THEY LOOK BRAND NEW BUT VERY DANGEROUS. COST ME $1100.00 TO REPLACE. YOU WOULD THINK THAT MERCEDES WOULD USE A BETTER PRODUCT?
robert yeatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Unregistered

I own a 2006 E350 sport and have logged close to 85,000 miles. During this time I have replace no fewer than 5 wheels and tires. The wheel is the problem and not the tires (Michellin). The wheels either bend or in most cases crack. The last one had in three stress type cracks. I thoroughly agree that there is a defect in the wheels. I have written to MBUSA and have spoken to the dealership several times. Naturally, the same reiterate, the east coast have horrible roads. Well, MB it is not the roads as my BMW and Lexus do not have this problem.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Unregistered

Default re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

I have the #3 post where I replaced all four wheel at 10,000 miles now at 14 mounths and 16,000 miles I had my rear left tire blow apart at the inside sidewall. The rest of the tire looked fine.